Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CARDOZZO

Neti Neti Meditation

9 posts in this topic

Hi ;)

I really want opinions on that...

I'm reading/practicing Neti Neti Meditation by Andre Doshim Halaw and that's really awesome.

Did you use the technique and get an enlightenment experience?

What's your thoughts on that? What's your results with Neti Neti?

Love you all ♥ 

The thing with this is that you start it as a method - you take yourself to be this point and from that perspective you look at all these different things and keep dropping them. When you do this enough, soon this point that you take yourself to be, will have nothing to sustain itself - that point exists only thanks to all these things that it relates itself to (and you just dropped all of them). In that moment, you will have to let go of the point itself you take yourself to be. There is the Realization. There you discover Pure Mind.

Of course, this is just one aspect to Realizing yourself. Work on it, if that's what you feel called to do now, but remember, that True Surrender will ultimately require that you drop even that self, which chooses which method to use, which practice, which aspect to discover next.

Enjoy :)

Edited by Vajra

A better technique is the omne hoc et omne quod (“All This and All That”) technique.

Point to everything and call it I or Self. Enlightenment is realizing you are Everything, you are Infinity!!

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

I believe I have a more direct method....as one of the traps people fall into is they start thinking they are the observer. So I will give a contrast to better illustrate this. Currently you have a sense that you exist. Some call it consciousness/awareness what have you. So the first question you can ask....is do you come and go or are YOU always there? Next question what comes and goes? You will notice that what comes and goes is sensations...sight comes and goes (you blink), smell, taste, thoughts, emotions, physical sensations...they all arise and fall so that can't be you. Notice....in deep sleep...there are no sensory perceptions at all...so technically when you are in deep sleep...you are DEAD. Now....notice....that right now...if you close your eyes and let go....you can sense that which exists as the space between all sensory perceptions....it is that which HOLDS all perceptions....it is that which perceptions RISE and FALL within it.....investigate that space....and ask yourself...does that space ever disappear? 

Now next question....is that space....everywhere? Notice that space...is everywhere...it is omnipresent. So....could that space...BE YOU? Notice...it never dissappears...it is always there. Well if that space is EVERYWHERE....then...maybe just maybe....EVERYTHING is that space....and all you do is trick yourself through sensory perception...that there are OTHERS, AND OBJECTS.

Now....keep coming back to this and focus...until you become aware to what is being pointed too.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

19 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I believe I have a more direct method....as one of the traps people fall into is they start thinking they are the observer. So I will give a contrast to better illustrate this. Currently you have a sense that you exist. Some call it consciousness/awareness what have you. So the first question you can ask....is do you come and go or are YOU always there? Next question what comes and goes? You will notice that what comes and goes is sensations...sight comes and goes (you blink), smell, taste, thoughts, emotions, physical sensations...they all arise and fall so that can't be you. Notice....in deep sleep...there are no sensory perceptions at all...so technically when you are in deep sleep...you are DEAD. Now....notice....that right now...if you close your eyes and let go....you can sense that which exists as the space between all sensory perceptions....it is that which HOLDS all perceptions....it is that which perceptions RISE and FALL within it.....investigate that space....and ask yourself...does that space ever disappear? 

Now next question....is that space....everywhere? Notice that space...is everywhere...it is omnipresent. So....could that space...BE YOU? Notice...it never dissappears...it is always there. Well if that space is EVERYWHERE....then...maybe just maybe....EVERYTHING is that space....and all you do is trick yourself through sensory perception...that there are OTHERS, AND OBJECTS.

Now....keep coming back to this and focus...until you become aware to what is being pointed too.

Much better practice than "neti neti".

Thank you sir.

12 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Amazing advice. 

Love that! ;)

18 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

A better technique is the omne hoc et omne quod (“All This and All That”) technique.

Point to everything and call it I or Self. Enlightenment is realizing you are Everything, you are Infinity!!

Thanks sir!

I'll try it! ;)