Someone here

Are miracles possible?

11 posts in this topic

I think in modern terms.."we Appeal to the admin to change the rules of the universe for us".  Usually people call this “praying to God for a miracle.”

Though billions of people have managed to do this with some success, there’s a slight problem. We mostly don’t know the actual laws of the universe well enough to say for sure how many miracles actually involved changing those laws. That isn’t really any less true today than it was thousands of years ago.

The much bigger problem is that everything is up to the admin, if “God” doesn’t feel like answering our appeal, or feels it can be reasonably solved without changing the rules of the universe for us, well then we’re not going to get the empirical evidence of miracles being real. if we had enough knowledge of the rules of the universe to distinguish it from those rules happening to work out in a way that’s favorable to us.

The more metaphysical problem is…why does it matter? Since a sufficiently advanced being could answer our prayers without needing to actually change the rules of the universe rather than just use them expertly to solve problems.

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I don't know about the word miracle, but I have personal experience with multiple different phenomena defying normal laws, logic, physics, and functioning of our reality. However I wouldn't take any of it on belief, I guess the only way for one to be truly convinced is to experience some themselves.

Eastern spirituality has the concept of siddhis (also riddhis and iddhis), and if you want to see some examples of them, the book "The Autobiography of a Yogi" details multiple different ones, I think at least bi-location, teleportation, materialization, living without eating, some more unique ones, and so on. However the problem with eastern spirituality when it comes to something esoteric like this is that they are riddled with things like karma, reincarnation, and other limiting beliefs. This kind of phenomena can arise naturally in a higher state of consciousness.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

I think laws of logic are much deeper in its foundation than laws of physics. It is imaginable to bend laws of physics, but it is not even imaginable to bend laws of logic. 

14 hours ago, amanen said:

I don't know about the word miracle, but I have personal experience with multiple different phenomena defying normal laws, logic, physics, and functioning of our reality. However I wouldn't take any of it on belief, I guess the only way for one to be truly convinced is to experience some themselves.

Eastern spirituality has the concept of siddhis (also riddhis and iddhis), and if you want to see some examples of them, the book "The Autobiography of a Yogi" details multiple different ones, I think at least bi-location, teleportation, materialization, living without eating, some more unique ones, and so on. However the problem with eastern spirituality when it comes to something esoteric like this is that they are riddled with things like karma, reincarnation, and other limiting beliefs. This kind of phenomena can arise naturally in a higher state of consciousness.

It is said that some people create certain powers or Siddhis but the truly enlightened ones do not accept these Siddhis as the right path. Therefore one must not pursue trying to get Siddhis and after getting Siddhis sink into a material world using these powers. Because these powers are part of Maya, the cosmic illusion, they do not liberate us, they do not give us Mukti, Moksha, Nirvana or Enlightenment. These Siddhis are a trap. We create certain powers whether it is through Kundalini or through the other so called yogic practices. Regardless of whether they are truly powers or some magic, we have to stay away from them, and move towards the ultimate Truth. What do you think? Do you think wanting to attain siddhis distracts us from the path to truth or enhance it ?

-Osho

11 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

I think laws of logic are much deeper in its foundation than laws of physics. It is imaginable to bend laws of physics, but it is not even imaginable to bend laws of logic. 

Of course he can! God is, after all, a God of miracles, and what is a miracle but something that is impossible. God can’t possibly exist, but he does ..it’s a miracle! It’s impossible for a timeless, spaceless entity to interact with time and space, and yet he does ..t’s a miracle!

Anything that is impossible, whether it be physically or logically, is by definition within God’s abilities. Heck, he can even be simultaneously omnipotent and completely powerless. He can do whatever we can possibly imagine he can do because, of course, he is a product of our imagination in the first place;).

-Osho

There is plenty of occultism within Christianity too. Even the official church has departments that deal with paranormal phenomena like miracles, saints, stigmata, exorcisms, healings, etc. Doesn't mean all of it is true, but it's definitely not all fantasy either.

Jesus likely had some strong paranormal abilities. Which allowed him to draw big crowds and ultimately pissed off the establishment. It would make sense that Jesus wasn't just your regular enlightened guy, but a bit more.

There's a story of the Buddha stopping a raging elephant sent charging at him just by gently raising his hand to it. Just a story? Maybe... or maybe there's some truth to it. Certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

So when you follow the breadcrumb trail, all the sudden the dots connect very easily. All of it can't just be wishful thinking and folktales. There's commonly a kernel of truth to many folktales.

I recently learned that will-o-the-wisps are a real natural phenomena. 

Of course none of this is to say that you should go chasing will-o-the-wisps and distract yourself from what's most important: liberation and psychological maturity. Although some people are really drawn to the occult. My theory is that some people have naturally high paranormal sensitivity because of the structure of their brains, so they naturally get deep into the occult. And left brained people simply can't understand how anyone can believe in such nonsense. Well, it's cause their brains are different! The logical mind is very limited. Deep intuition is required for this stuff.

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

18 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

There is plenty of occultism within Christianity too. Even the official church has departments that deal with paranormal phenomena like miracles, saints, stigmata, exorcisms, healings, etc. Doesn't mean all of it is true, but it's definitely not all fantasy either.

Jesus likely had some strong paranormal abilities. Which allowed him to draw big crowds and ultimately pissed off the establishment. It would make sense that Jesus wasn't just your regular enlightened guy, but a bit more.

There's a story of the Buddha stopping a raging elephant sent charging at him just by gently raising his hand to it. Just a story? Maybe... or maybe there's some truth to it. Certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

So when you follow the breadcrumb trail, all the sudden the dots connect very easily. All of it can't just be wishful thinking and folktales. There's commonly a kernel of truth to many folktales.

I recently learned that will-o-the-wisps are a real natural phenomena. 

Of course none of this is to say that you should go chasing will-o-the-wisps and distract yourself from what's most important: liberation and psychological maturity. Although some people are really drawn to the occult. My theory is that some people have naturally high paranormal sensitivity because of the structure of their brains, so they naturally get deep into the occult. And left brained people simply can't understand how anyone can believe in such nonsense. Well, it's cause their brains are different! The logical mind is very limited. Deep intuition is required for this stuff.

I believe that everyone has psychic abilities just like everyone can swim. Some people either aren’t given the chance to learn or don’t want to. The Christian traditions have put heavy negative connotations on indigenous shamanism of all kinds hence why much of it is labeled “occult”

Because it’s very hard to fake such powers now days. There used to be a lot more .

It is a given to the scientific  community  today that there is no such thing as psychic abilities. so psychics are now very scared to get caught, and there’s a lot less of them.

Do you know of one such real psychic? 

About Jesus..There is no contemporary non-biblical evidence to show that Jesus ever even  existed, certainly not as described in the gospels and other New Testament stories.  So I wouldn't rely at biblical evidence of the supposed miracles he performed. 

-Osho

25 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Do you know of one such real psychic? 

I've heard of a couple of psychics. Don't remember the names. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

It is impossible for God, for Consciousness, to not exist, for instance, if we don't try to say it is possible by just creating word games. 

10 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

It is impossible for God, for Consciousness, to not exist, for instance, if we don't try to say it is possible by just creating word games. 

What about deep sleep? It seems like Perfect nothingness. As if nothing ever happened and never existed. It seems like there is no consciousness during deep sleep.. It's not even dark, black or empty.. It's so much nothing that even the concept of nothing isn't it..... What happens exactly during deep sleep? Ramana maharshi used to say 'you are closer to your true nature during deep sleep'. 

-Osho

43 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What about deep sleep? It seems like Perfect nothingness. As if nothing ever happened and never existed. It seems like there is no consciousness during deep sleep.. It's not even dark, black or empty.. It's so much nothing that even the concept of nothing isn't it..... What happens exactly during deep sleep? Ramana maharshi used to say 'you are closer to your true nature during deep sleep'. 

Yes, but in order for you to be closer to your true nature, you still have to be there to be closer to your true nature. Existence, in that sense, cannot become that which does not exist. I mean "being" itself cannot not exist. 

But, the trouble we are experiencing about that might be this, that we still are trying to look for the limits, the limitlessness, of being through thought and language. We are creating a model of limitlessness in our minds and claim that it is what limitlessness really is. 

But, to me, it feels like the true limitlessness, the true nature of being, cannot be found in our depictions and models of what we think to be that which is limitlessness. We think that the models that we create in our mind about limitlessness can themselves be limitless. 

And, I think, the true limitlessness, maybe, or obviously, is not about the models of it that we imagine it to be, but it, in a sense, is the imagining itself that is what it is, really.