ElenaO

Why Are You In A Relationship?

49 posts in this topic

I'm not in a relationship, but if I were to give one piece of advice it would be this:

A true and lasting relationship is like a baby, and should be nurtured in the same fashion.

Do what is best for your relationship for the long term, to the extent that you almost ignore your own and your partner's needs.  After all, what is best for your relationship, is also likely to be the best for yourself and your partner.

Edited by jse

@jse Well, I just realized I don't really know what is best for the relationship in the long term.

1 hour ago, ElenaO said:

@jse Well, I just realized I don't really know what is best for the relationship in the long term.

@ElenaO , some ideal relationship attributes that come to mind:

True friendship,  shared values,  a serving heart,  unconditional Love,  never-ending passion,  good sex,  commitment to growth,  a common purpose,  brutal honesty tempered by compassion,  support throughout challenging times,  love of children (own or adopted),  love of life,  curiosity,  spontaneity,  fun!

Damn, I'd give anything to be in such relationship... -_-

this-relationship_o_152172.jpg

@jse Oh yes, of course. It's common sense. It seems I've got to work hard on myself to get one.

I found my dream man 8 yrs ago ... he's perfect so the list would be too long. ?

8 hours ago, ArabiaNytes said:

I found my dream man 8 yrs ago ... he's perfect so the list would be too long. ?

Wanna share with us how you found him? And did you know from the very beginning he is the one?

On 2/22/2017 at 10:07 AM, jse said:

@ElenaO , some ideal relationship attributes that come to mind:

True friendship,  shared values,  a serving heart,  unconditional Love,  never-ending passion,  good sex,  commitment to growth,  a common purpose,  brutal honesty tempered by compassion,  support throughout challenging times,  love of children (own or adopted),  love of life,  curiosity,  spontaneity,  fun!

Damn, I'd give anything to be in such relationship... -_-

this-relationship_o_152172.jpg

That's when the world changes overnight when you find that haha

B R E A T H E

I think you need a couple of bad ones before you know what you want.

For me it is all about expressing deep love (incl. sex), growth, fun, dreams, goals and to Give. Always strive for improvement in every area of life and share the same mystic and magic view about life. I think I've met a person who shares the exact same values and is also willing to support me 100%. For me it is all about being happy FIRST before you meet someone. And in the end it's not about me, it's what I give.

Edited by cirkussmile

Epic sex.

Connection and a sense of sharing my life.

Someone to call me out on my own bullshit.

My girlfriend teaches me on a daily basis to take life lightly and have fun, get out of my head.

Focused on career and no time/energy to date or go out.

Balance in life instead of fulltime work.