Devin

Green Energy

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ulax said:

My original comment that you replied to was about nuclear fusion reactors rather than nuclear fission reactors.

The former have a lot more potential than the latter in terms of energy production.

So you just build more of them.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 9/4/2022 at 5:22 PM, DocWatts said:

The world will never "run out" of uranium (or oil). It's just that the difficulty of extraction and associated costs (including externalities) become too high for it to be a viable energy source, once a certain threshold of scarcity has been reached.

Right, my point was just that "experts" are often wrong in this type of thing. It was a big deal in the past, people thinking we were going to be out of oil by now

Edited by Devin

We will charge electric cars with fossil fuel powered generators. ?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 9/5/2022 at 5:52 PM, integral said:

We will charge electric cars with fossil fuel powered generators. ?

We will walk everywhere, and barefoot ?

@Nilsi I suppose you advocate for just loads of fission reactors. However, I don't think it would be sensible to have them over fusion one's. Fusion one's are expected to produce 3-4 times the amount of energy.

Also, nuclear fusion reactors, unlike fission ones, don't create any toxic waste product.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

On 8.9.2022 at 2:15 AM, Ulax said:

@Nilsi I suppose you advocate for just loads of fission reactors. However, I don't think it would be sensible to have them over fusion one's. Fusion one's are expected to produce 3-4 times the amount of energy.

Also, nuclear fusion reactors, unlike fission ones, don't create any toxic waste product.

Im no nuclear energy expert, but one of the biggest criticisms against nuclear energy is the potential fallout (e.g. Chernobyl, Fukushima), which would supposedly no longer be a problem with these salt reactors. Without having done any risk assessments, Id say trading off some efficiency for an increase in security is a good deal in this case. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus