Martha77

Accepting And Start A New Life

9 posts in this topic

I finally got the news from my so called husband that does not love me ..I'm OK with that but I'm concerned for my kids 16 ,13, boy and my 8 girl ..I'm scared it will affect them... I really need to move out of the house we live with his mom..but can't afford a place.. And looking for a 2 Nd job and to go back to school to get my GED...I feel that its to much thrown at me at once... Trying to be strong and mom at the same time and letting go...just worried for my kids.. Any support will help.. How to tell my kids with out hurting them

As a son of two parents who got divorced during my sophomore year. It took me about 2-3 years in high-school to become more emotionally mature and aware of it. In the long run, I love my parents to death and completely respect their decisions. I'm so glad it happened in a matter of fact. Keeping in mind I did a lot of self-actualización work and personal development, it made the process much easier. I understand when kids are younger they may take it personally or irrationally, as they are still learning so much! The kids might have a lot of sadness or anger from the divorce, it's not a smooth transition. However, I can't emphasize enough how  the majority of kids in the long run will be much happier with a family divorce then have two unhappy parents arguing all the time, which brings them that misery.

You do have to think about your happiness. I promise you that if you aren't happy, your kids won't be either. The best thing you can do in my opinion is follow your true desire and leave, but always be there for your kids whenever they do need you.

You are a wonderful woman. try to be strong and let go. Don't allow yourself to break down. It takes so much to be a mom. You could tell them a little later when you begin to feel more balanced and alright. Just let the dark clouds pass away. Focus on your emotional healing right now. if you are strong and if you keep yourself strong, only then will you be able to keep it all together and take care of your kids.

Best wishes on your journey.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

5 hours ago, Martha77 said:

I finally got the news from my so called husband that does not love me ..I'm OK with that but I'm concerned for my kids 16 ,13, boy and my 8 girl ..I'm scared it will affect them... I really need to move out of the house we live with his mom..but can't afford a place.. And looking for a 2 Nd job and to go back to school to get my GED...I feel that its to much thrown at me at once... Trying to be strong and mom at the same time and letting go...just worried for my kids.. Any support will help.. How to tell my kids with out hurting them

Be Vulnerable with your kids,

dont hide your emotions and trust yourself, you were a kid too once , what would you want your mom to have do in this situation ?

Read books for Brene Brown it will help you: Daring greatly, Men, Women, and Worthiness: The Experience of Shame.

Good luck to you sister.

Edited by avk123

Two years ago I found out that my mom was having something with this man from mexico we live in California.. And she communicates with him from ( what's up) ap ..well they been together for a long time ..my dad asked me to go in her phone and see what's up with her activities because he knew something so I did and yes I found what he was looking for and it disturb me in a way that I felt like if I was going to loose my mind.. But after getting my mom side of the reason ..all she wanted was attention and to feel loved and of course sex..  My dad in other hand retired, eat, sleep ,TV ,grumpy... And I am still shocked but accepting it ..I guess because I was the baby of the girls I took it to hard I believe that mom and dad should stay together for ever..and ever... I feel that that's how they will feel that its how its supposed to be....

I prayed to God that my parents get divorced because their fights were impossible to stand. It's all a matter of perspective.

Omg .wow....that's like something that I needed to hear ..I never thought of that... Wow..

I've gone through the yucky coercive version of this. Yes, the logistics of $ etc are stressful...you have my total support! My best advice is what I learned the hard way, to put the logistics on the back-burner and put your self-care, your/ children's feelings and needs above all...and to trust in the universe, while really working on your optimism and positive evolution goals too....