Abhijeeth

Ultimate And Most Basic Question Of A Student

12 posts in this topic

What is the thing that motivates a student intrinsically to study ? 

I am talking about feeling excited to study.... Not just study

I feel this is the basic of every productive studying

Please tell me what motivated you really If you were an effective student

The desire to learn something new and master it is probably the greatest motivation for me.I liked Mathematics in school so I devoted hours to  master it.A good education is essential for personal development as it makes you a well rounded person and it increases your thinking power and faculties.I think you should try to fall in love with the topics to gain some motivation.As you go higher try selecting your field to something you love to study than what others tell you to.

What else could work is trying to find a teacher who teaches you in an interesting way.The role of the teacher is important.He should motivate you.

Things like changing the world for the better could be a big motivation.

what should not be your motivation are 1)getting better grades than your friends 2)Social Recognition 3)To satisfy your ego

"Everything in moderation, including moderation."-Oscar Wilde

Well not really a "motivation" thing, but I believe that in every lesson/study, the start is always hard and many will get dissapointed by that and stop before they even began. As you get better, you will start to get the "flow" and begin having your own ideas about the topic you are studying. Be proud to be the guy that stuck around when everybody else quit. You will only get better on the way.

Try changing the word motivation to inspiration.

When I go to work or revise my lectures I'm inspired. This is because I know what I want to do and I know that by studying and learning I can give back to the rest of the human community.

So find something that inspires you, and do it for someone else. That is my advice.  

Waiting for motivation to come to you so you can study is just going to waste more time. If you can't find any interest, passion, goal, desire to learn the subject and you are stuck with either studying or failing the course, you just gotta suck it up and do it. What is most important is to starting studying. You are going to need to work on your self-discipline. It will feel dreathful in the beginning but as you push yourself to study more, maybe you will get interested in the subject and motivated, may "flow". 

What I'm saying is to not rely on motivation, that feeling of excitement to come to you. That feeling is not constant, it will not always be there. Develop more self-discipline. 

As Leo has said in his videos,Vision is the key! Visualise how you would feel like and be like when you complete the thing you want to. Visualize with all five senses if possible, and do it on a daily basis. Think of the outcome everyday. This worked for me :)

Realizing the payout.

A quote i love:

"if you think education is expensive, try ignorance..."

Enthusiasm is the word.

After all this means ` love for God`.

@Leo Gura. Sir, I saw the video.

But I didn't clearly get the VISION part of it.  

You were talking about the BROAD PICTURE and TECHNICAL types . Could you elaborate on them

Also please tell me what a student should visualise . ??

Curiosity may kill the cat (RIP me) but it vitalizes the student. My curiosity has always enhanced my ability to learn and the enjoyment I derive from it. In fact, some people enjoy this so much they'll spend years of their lives on a subject or a question. Try learning to tap into your latent curiosity. Exercise it. Weave it into the way you pursue knowledge. Curiosity can set the dead, dry pages of a book on fire and make your mind and heart race like a little girl in love for the first time. It doesn't necessarily happen every class nor every day or even every other day but... if it's excitement you're looking for then you should seriously cultivate your curiosity.

Look up the definition of understand, and look up the definition of learn. After doing that. Learn something.