Danioover9000

Daniel Schmachtenberger, the third attractor part 2

175 posts in this topic

But regardless, our main disagreement was this: most of us here think that being biased towards survival is okay, but you tried to argue that being biased towards survival is not okay/good, because of the fear factor. But at the end of the day it seems that your bias still involves fear in it, so i don't see your main point here.

7 minutes ago, zurew said:

But regardless, our main disagreement was this: most of us here think that being biased towards survival is okay, but you tried to argue that being biased towards survival is not okay/good, because of the fear factor. But at the end of the day it seems that your bias still involves fear in it, so i don't see your main point here.

I didn't say it wasn't okay/good. I said he misses the boat, he's trying to solve a "problem" that he's fostering by trying to solve a problem.

See wednesday 11:46 eastern time post

Edited by Devin

Your "he is missing the boat" point essentially comes down to the fact that he is biased towards survival, and that bias implies, that he is wanting a certain outcome.

You had your main problem with the "wanting a certain outcome" point.

So the question is this: Why is having no want for an outcome better, than having a want for a certain outcome?

This question still remains: How can one make a decision, if he/she has no want for any specific outcome?

1 minute ago, zurew said:

Your "he is missing the boat" point essentially comes down to the fact that he is biased towards survival, and that bias implies, that he is wanting a certain outcome.

You had your main problem with the "wanting a certain outcome" point.

So the question is this: Why is having no want for an outcome better, than having a want for a certain outcome?

it's not necessarily better

It's a choice; enjoyment or fear

3 minutes ago, zurew said:

This question still remains: How can one make a decision, if he/she has no want for any specific outcome?

What you might call intuition, how a small child decides how to play

@DevinSo how do you know that Daniel isn't making his decisions based on his intuition? What if his intuition tells and informs him to prefer certain outcomes?

6 minutes ago, zurew said:

@DevinSo how do you know that Daniel isn't making his decisions based on his intuition? What if his intuition tells and informs him to prefer certain outcomes?

I don't KNOW it in the sense that you mean.

I said I THINK he misses the boat

I don't think you can tap that from your intuition, it's impulsive, the now, no thought, no words or pictures in the mind. They would say it's the ego that tells you what you're speaking of.

Edited by Devin

51 minutes ago, Devin said:

It's a choice; enjoyment or fear

So you basically you reduced the "wanting a certain outcome" to fear(ego) and "not wanting/caring about any certain outcome" to joy(intuition). 

Using your system, how do you differentiate between "I don't care/want" person who is being operated by his ego, and "I don't care/want" person, who is following his/her intuition.

It seems to me that the "he is missing the boat" criticism boils down to one not following his/her intuition 100% of the time. The problem with that, is that this criticism could be given to 99,99999% of people on this planet, because almost no one is operating by his/her intuition 100% of the time, so honestly this kind of criticism isn't that valuable/usable because the chance that the person who hears this criticism will suddenly be able to follow his/her intuition 100%time is basically close to 0.

This whole "he is missing the boat" could be summarised like this: "brother, just stop being biased towards survival".

40 minutes ago, zurew said:

So you basically you reduced the "wanting a certain outcome" to fear(ego) and "not wanting/caring about any certain outcome" to joy(intuition). 

Using your system, how do you differentiate between "I don't care/want" person who is being operated by his ego, and "I don't care/want" person, who is following his/her intuition.

Intuition; tells you what to do, live in the now, bliss, enjoyment

Ego; tells you what you need to do, worry

40 minutes ago, zurew said:

It seems to me that the "he is missing the boat" criticism boils down to one not following his/her intuition 100% of the time. The problem with that, is that this criticism could be given to 99,99999% of people on this planet, because almost no one is operating by his/her intuition 100% of the time, so honestly this kind of criticism isn't that valuable/usable because the chance that the person who hears this criticism will suddenly be able to follow his/her intuition 100%time is basically close to 0.

This whole "he is missing the boat" could be summarised like this: "brother, just stop being biased towards survival".

I'm not telling anyone to do anything, I don't see it as advice even

It's just, "No this isn't what solves your problem. The boat/answer is just right here, you can hop on or not"

I don't think following it 100% of the time is required to make a difference

You follow it more, the next gen follows it more,....

And the more you follow it the more you follow it, it's just so damn peaceful man

Edited by Devin

26 minutes ago, Devin said:

Yeah, but notice, that paradoxically we need to be biased towards survival first, in order to care about a certain outcome (which is to try to avoid civilisation collapse) and just after that we will be able to buy time to get developed enough to be able to follow your idea/advice fully.

Edited by zurew

3 minutes ago, zurew said:

Yeah, but notice, that paradoxically we need to be biased towards survival first, in order to care about a certain outcome (which is to try to avoid civilisation collapse) and just after that we will be able to buy time to get developed enough to follow your idea/advice fully.

paradoxically you trying to buy time is what keeps you from following it fully

The boats right here

Edited by Devin

15 minutes ago, Devin said:

So according to you, its reasonable to assume, that any person can go from the embodyment of intuition level 1 to level 100 instantly or in a short period of time? (Notice, that we are not talking about experiencing a short 10-15 mintues DMT high, we are talking about maintaining and embodying a high level of consciousness) 

Edited by zurew

13 minutes ago, zurew said:

So according to you, its reasonable to assume, that any person can go from the embodyment of intuition level 1 to level 100 instantly or in a short period of time? (Notice, that we are not talking about experiencing a short 10-15 mintues DMT high, we are talking about maintaining and embodying a high level of consciousness) 

Yeah, I'm not sure where you picked that up from though.

Edited by Devin

22 minutes ago, Devin said:

I take it you think it's reasonable to assume they can't?

Yes, i assume that 99,9999% of people can't embody high levels of consciousness in a short period of time, most of them won't be able to do it in even in their lifetime, because we have a loong long way to mature, evolve , grow, and develop.

22 minutes ago, Devin said:

I'm not sure where you picked that up from though.

42 minutes ago, Devin said:

The boats right here

Edited by zurew

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Intuition; tells you what to do, live in the now, bliss, enjoyment

Ego; tells you what you need to do, worry

Oh my god... "The only thing the world needs is New Age spirituality". No, get a grip.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Oh my god... "The only thing the world needs is New Age spirituality". No, get a grip.

again with the b!tch a$$ strawmanning, I never said the world needs anything

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

again with the b!tch a$$ strawmanning, I never said the world needs anything

Stop lying.

1 hour ago, Devin said:

"No this isn't what solves your problem. The boat/answer is just right here, you can hop on or not"

I don't think following it 100% of the time is required to make a difference

And the more you follow it the more you follow it, it's just so damn peaceful man

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

Stop lying.

? you're fuking pathetic, that says nothing like you're implying

Just now, Devin said:

? you're fuking pathetic, that says nothing like you're implying

Let's bring it back then: what is wrong with fear? Why bring it up?

12 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Let's bring it back then: what is wrong with fear? Why bring it up?

I think it's the root of all the "problems" Daniel is trying to solve. I already said this multiple times

1 minute ago, Devin said:

I think it's the root of all the "problems" Daniel is trying to solve. I already said this multiple times

So what Daniel thinks the world needs is actually not what the world needs. It only needs less fear.