Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nilsi

How can I create a solid income in 6 months?

11 posts in this topic

Im looking for a way to make an income, while studying. I think I can skip the next semester and still pass the exams through a bit of cramming, so I basically got 6 months of free time on my hands. Im not really that interested in money, but my state has cut my "scholarship" by 600€/month, which leaves me with precious little. Im still able to survive, but I dont want to be a broke ass student, who cant afford shit. This does not have to be my lifes work, but it should still be connected to my Life Purpose ("Helping others to realise the richness of Life by creating a systems theory of personal growth") somehow; Im thinking some kind of freelancing or content creation, where I will at least learn some useful skills like writing, researching, marketing, finances etc. Obviously I will not be able to produce a super high value product in this amount of time, and maybe Im being completely unreasonable, but it seems like this should be doable somehow. Im willing to invest roughly 60h/week, and I feel like everything more than that wouldnt be productive anyways. I just need some basic advice on where the money is at, in terms of conscious personal development content.

My initial plan was to keep focusing on relationships and dating, and I dont want to put this on halt for too long, thats why Im kinda trying to get this area of my life handled as soon as possible.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Have you tried YouTube? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

35 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Have you tried YouTube? 

I have thought about it. This is definitely the one that requires the most work, and I'm not necessarily planning on becoming a YouTube personality long term, but I'll consider it.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Just get a part-time job. Not everyone is meant to run their own business, and there's several red flags in your post that I think indicate it's not right for you, at least at this point in your life.

If you get a job, you can work 25 hours a week at $10/hour and make $1,000/month. It's not prestigious or sexy but it's guaranteed money. It's the most solid income you can make in a short time.

It's unlikely that you're going to make a YouTube channel and have your first $1,000 month in the next year. I've been putting out YT videos and podcast episodes 2x a week since February with good SEO and I've made $0 and less than 50 subscribers, actually down about -$200 in hosting fees and all the time I could've put into something else.

If money is most important to you then don't get too clever and try to create your perfect job. 6 months is barely enough time to get the ball rolling on a life purpose aligned career. Just do what's obvious, easy, and guaranteed.

If you don't think you could work at McDonalds for 60 hours a week, then the odds you'll actually motivate yourself to put 60 hours a week into freelancing or content creation is slim.

You have your whole life to live your life purpose. Just pay your dues and get money sorted out first for now, even if it's not glamorous or romantic.

Edited by Yarco

14 minutes ago, Yarco said:

Just get a part-time job. Not everyone is meant to run their own business, and there's several red flags in your post that I think indicate it's not right for you, at least at this point in your life.

I already have a job lol. But I want MORE xD

Idk about the red flags, I'm just honest. My long term vision doesn't change, I would just like to keep up the living standard I currently have and either I have to sacrifice time or lifestyle. I don't want another random side gig that is completely unrelated to my life purpose, I would rather learn some sales and marketing or writing or something of value. Maybe I will just bite the bullet and scale my expenses down, but that kinda sucks the most out of all these options.

Edited by Nilsi

https://grow.google/certificates/data-analytics/#?modal_active=none

6 month program Data Analytics. This is what im gonna do while I pay off debt and save money. My coaching/ marketing course can wait. Basically stuck till I get funds in and I’m working two jobs. This course is 10 hours a week and I’d love to have this certificate in 6 months.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

12 hours ago, Thought Art said:

https://grow.google/certificates/data-analytics/#?modal_active=none

6 month program Data Analytics. This is what im gonna do while I pay off debt and save money. My coaching/ marketing course can wait. Basically stuck till I get funds in and I’m working two jobs. This course is 10 hours a week and I’d love to have this certificate in 6 months.

That actually doesn't look bad at all. Data analytics and proper understanding of statistics is pretty rare and underrated, I'm just not sure if this certificate will get you a well paid gig, you would probably have to create some kind of portfolio on the side to qualify yourself as competent. I'm not looking for a full time job though.

@Nilsi let me know what you decide. Because I'm looking for something as well. Just not sure what it will be. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

@Nilsi let me know what you decide. Because I'm looking for something as well. Just not sure what it will be. 

I kinda lean toward just scaling down my lifestyle tbh. I don't want to do some soulless work and I don't want to compromise my life purpose and waste time on some trivial skills, just for a bit more money. I'm still inquiring into it, but I honestly don't see any integrous ways to get a quick fix on income. My hope is that I can somehow persuade the government into being a bit more generous with me again xD

Just now, Nilsi said:

I kinda lean toward just scaling down my lifestyle tbh. I don't want to do some soulless work and I don't want to compromise my life purpose and waste time on some trivial skills, just for a bit more money. I'm still inquiring into it, but I honestly don't see any integrous ways to get a quick fix on income. My hope is that I can somehow persuade the government into being a bit more generous with me again xD

You live in Austria.  Maybe move to the UK

♡✸♡.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

You live in Austria.  Maybe move to the UK

lol I'm pretty happy with my government when it comes to studying (I'm a German citizen). I get paid to study, that's pretty awesome - just a bummer that they decided to cut the check. I'm on it though, and I think I may be able to get my big check back xD

How is social care in the UK?