Matt23

Introduced Organic Whole Wheat: Feel great day 1

10 posts in this topic

So, basically for years now I've been eating mainly...

• Rice (organic and brown mostly or as best as I can)
  • Beans (again, organic much of the time)
  • Veggies (organic much of the time)
  • Fruits (a good amount... I substitute it for sugars n stuff; lots of bananas, apples, berries, and other fruits-- in that order)
  • Nuts (pumpkin seeds, almonds, peanuts (less peanuts nowadays), and others like walnuts)
  • Some seafood (once weekly maybe -- mostly sardines, oysters, some sushi)
  • Some meat now and again (try for as organic and healthy as possible)

But today, I thought I'd just see how whole wheat feels, so I bought some whole wheat and organic spaghetti and had some mid-day today.  After that I went on a run and honestly felt like this energy that wasn't like a caffeine or sugar high, but felt more robust.  It was really nice.  Like my mental fog and tiredness went away.  

Am going to try it throughout the week to see how it affects me. 

So far so good. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

congrats :)

Gluten and wheat products are getting a lot of unjustified attacks. You can totally eat gluten-containing products in whole wheat forms and they can be super beneficial for your gut, your energy levels and mental clarity with zero risk to your health. 

That is if you are not coeliac ofcourse

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Cheers.

Ya, makes sense.  

I am yet to try organic whole wheat, but as far as my experience goes non organic forms of gluten worsens my POIS unfortunately. It seems to give me tonnes of energy though, probably because it's so convenient to eat.

https://www.youtube.com/@tommicallef 

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

I think this whole experience goes to show the importance of introducing and experimenting with different diets and foods to find one that works for you.  

5 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I think this whole experience goes to show the importance of introducing and experimenting with different diets and foods to find one that works for you.  

Yep I 100% agree with you. Just use a bit of common sense and pay attention to your direct experience when it comes to diet seems like the best diet philosophy haha

https://www.youtube.com/@tommicallef 

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

You should try freekeh, it is a traditional meal here in the Middle East and it is very tasty and nutritional.

7 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

You should try freekeh

Will do!  

The area I live in actually has a large Iranian community, so I'm sure it'll be easy to find. 

I've had the same experience, i experimented with organic wheat bread a while ago and felt a huge increase in energy. But i suspect it contributes to hair turning white faster. 

What is healthy eating? 

The other day i ate a double chocolate cake and felt huge increase in physical performance and mental clarity that last the entire day. It was shocking, i looked at the first ingredient, organic enriched white wheat flour. lol

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

...soooo... basically, I guess what we're saying here is only eat whole grains and nothing else.  Great.  Got it!