Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrugsBunny

Can multiple lifetimes be part of the same dream?

5 posts in this topic

I suppose out of infinity anything is possible, but I'm starting to think it must be the case that, at least for some people, the way they talk about their "soul", experiencing heaven, and past lives, and stuff that should only be accessible after death, that it must be the case that multiple lives can take place under the same "dream" of metaphysical consciousness. 

For instance if you physically die and feel yourself shooting up towards a light tunnel that brings you to some metaphysical conception of heaven, wouldn't that be part of the dream, and you haven't gone infinitely meta yet?

Thoughts?

This is an excellent question.
Dont' let any anthropologized conception of "dreaming" dictate what is or isn't possible. The notion of dreams inside dreams has been one of the most consistent metaphysical axiom in many of our renownded mystical traditions and teachings. There are no impossibilities in the infinite dream.

I think the most integral point of view is that there is SOME cosmic game going on which includes seperation to a certain point of conciousness, reincarnation, between-lifes and a general telos, Of course you can never prove this but there is preliminary data from OBE's, NDE's & reincarnation studies. 

If you are interested, I can recommend the book "LSD and the Mind of the Universe" to you. 
It's an ridicolously interesting piece of literature which goes into these question in a honest & smart way.

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

This could be possible that everything we experience is just an infinite long dream of never ending consciousness. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

17 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

This could be possible that everything we experience is just an infinite long dream of never ending consciousness. 

Amen!