Sanguine

Neck hammock / Cervical traction device

5 posts in this topic

Recently i was doing yoga. When the instructor kind of pulled on my head at the end (we were in savasana) and it felt really good. I was pretty tired and suddenly the energy was restored in my body. I don't know if she did some reiki witch stuff or it was the position/pull/space in my neck/spine. 

Soooo, i'm googling these neck hammock things and Cervical traction devices. 
Any of you guys have experience with these? Thoughts? 

Found some more serious articles about it, which make it sound proper. But the google search on products give me kind of tell-sell vibe :/

61g9iHJqnzL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Push your head forward and then come back in the neutral position. Do that a couple of times. I forgot the name of that exercise.

Edited by at_anchor

Sometimes if my cervical spine is feeling compressed I’ll partially hang my head off the side of my bed. Gives a similar benefit without having to buy a new contraption to do it

The game of survival cannot be won. 

7 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

I currently having cervical radiculopathy. I wonder whether this hammock could be helpful

You also have these blowup cushion thingies. I think I'll just ask my physician or my yoga school. I'll let you guys know what they say and if the contraption is working for me if I buy it :)