Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Justin Evans

Self Actualization = Lonelier

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I am a college student who has worked on personal growth for a couple of years now. My over all happiness has slowly accumulated in nearly all aspects. My relationships have improved as well. However, as I become more aware of the ego and the insecurities that come with it, i notice how many girls that I originally saw as "dating potential" are no longer meaningful or I can tell it would be an unhealthy relationship. I don't think it's a bad thing, because it saves me years of wasted time being in a relationship with someone who isn't developing themselves or working to grow at a level like mine. It is kind of that burden of being unable to share all of the amazing experiences of actualización and enlightenment because only their will to experience it themselves would work. This has basically led to my dilemma: more self actualización = lonelier. 

I would love to find girls who share these same passionate qualities of actualization, spirituality, and meditation. However, I have failed to find one person like that at my college. Does anyone have any advice for me on where I could go or which community to explore to help me connect with more ladies that share my same passions? Thank you!

You can always try to involve them in getting healthier, physically and mentally fit. If you make it a challenge and make each other accountable you can slowly expand the theory. I know the deeper stuff like non-duality is hard to grasp for most people but the actualization course is helpful for everybody.

You can be a guide in this proces and learn yourself where people struggle and what a good approach is. Can be quite fun :)

I'm a girl and I feel the same with the men I'm surrounded with.

Try meditating courses, some classes or events about spirituality, there were such things in my city where people gather to learn more about such things.

I felt the same way. 

But you have to understand the path of self-actualization isn't as popular of a path as go to party get drunk, or art, or other popular activities.
And you are the one filtering out people who take interest in different things. So you are the one who can choose to not filter them out and just give it a go.  Maybe they'll find it interesting. Maybe you'll find their interests interesting too.  Don't be fooled by first impressions! 

Thank y'all so much (all of you) for the feedback. It is true I do ruthlessly filter people relationship wise, so I will keep that into consideration. And I'll definitely try to find some meditation courses or something. :)

Feel the same way! I think the key there might be to find someone who is at least open-minded enough to have the potential to grasp those works and be able to talk about them. Open-mindedness is probably what got a lot of us on this journey in the first place. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。