Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
something_else

Typical ratio of guys to girls in nightclubs?

6 posts in this topic

I’m curious what your experiences are of the typical male to female ratio in nightclubs.

Obviously it depends on the club, who the DJs are etc.

But generally I’ve pretty consistently noticed that the ratio in clubs I’ve been to has been around 70% dudes

I thought this was just because normally I go out in a medium sized city, and to the slightly less trendy clubs since I tend to prefer that vibe. But this weekend I went to two big clubs in London (Fabric and Corsica Studios) and I kinda expected it to be damn near 50/50 but it was still easily at least 70% guys, especially later in the night

I don’t suppose it really matters that much, it’s more just something I’m curious about the reasoning behind. You’d think it would be close to a 50/50 split since men and women both enjoy partying pretty equally

Edited by something_else

World's huge place, careful generalizing from small sample sizes ... your intuition could be right, but you'd have to travel a lot to know, maybe it's the opposite ratio in some places.  

5 hours ago, something_else said:

Obviously it depends on the club, who the DJs are etc.

Also continent/country/city, weather, music genre, culture, ticket/entry system, club's marketing/club promoters/bouncers attitudes & process, prices & many random unpredictable variables. 

Edited by Optimized Life

Interesting. Most clubs I've been to make it a point to let more girls in and will sometimes outright reject you, if you don't bring girls with you.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 08/08/2022 at 1:44 PM, Nilsi said:

Interesting. Most clubs I've been to make it a point to let more girls in and will sometimes outright reject you, if you don't bring girls with you.

I’ve been rejected for being solo, but as long as I’ve at least been with some dudes I’ve never been rejected for not having girls at the door. I’ve heard that’s a very American thing?

Or maybe if you go to very high end clubs?

Have no idea tbh. How can you even estimate such a thing?? When I'm out clubbing, counting men and women is the last thing on my mind. Pretty autistic

I mean I wasn’t going for precise estimates, more your sense of what the ratio was when you were out. I’d say people are fairly intuitively aware of whether there are an abundance of the opposite sex around or not so it doesn’t seem unreasonable for people to have a general sense of it

It’s not something I pay a lot of attention to directly but I did definitely notice that the ratio was wayyyy more male heavy than I expected in what’s rated as one of the best nightclubs in the world. That’s what sparked my curiosity more than anything

16 minutes ago, something_else said:

I’ve been rejected for being solo, but as long as I’ve at least been with some dudes I’ve never been rejected for not having girls at the door. I’ve heard that’s a very American thing?

Or maybe if you go to very high end clubs?

I haven't either, but I've heard it multiple times now from people I know, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm from Germany and what I can say is, if you're not white, the odds are not in your favor. I've seen countless arabs and black folks getting rejected for no reason whatsoever, and a staggering amount of doormen here are skinheads, that won't make a secret about their preferences.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus