cjoseph90

Is Water Flossing Better Than Regular Flossing?

6 posts in this topic

is it worth the investment? have you noticed a difference in your oral health teeth, with use? any reccomendations?

It's kind of like asking if brushing or flossing is better. Ideally you should be doing both.

• Floss first to get out the big chunks
  • Then water floss to get stuff below the gumline that you can't normally reach
  • Then brush
  • Then optionally use an alcohol-free mouthwash afterwards.
  • Then make sure not to drink or rinse for 15 - 20 minutes after (assuming you're using fluoride toothpaste and want to get the most effects)

I just bought a water pick and it was less than $50 so I don't consider it a huge investment. I haven't used it long enough to say if there's a difference or not yet.

If you're currently using a manual toothbrush instead of electric, paying $100 for an electric toothbrush is definitely worth it and makes a noticeable difference. I would get an electric toothbrush before considering a water pick.

If you've got significant gum bleeding during cleanings or get frequent cavities, then I'd recommend going to the dentist for cleanings more frequently too, if you can afford it, like every 4 months instead of every 6 months. Talk to your dentist first and see what they recommend though.

thanks for your reply, yes i use a an electric toothbrush, way more effective than regular toothbrush

"Is Water Flossing Better Than Regular Flossing?"

I floss, then brush then water pic.  The water pic is for getting the crap that builds up on your tooth, you should be getting a scale and clean (dental hygienist) a few times a year. 

Next level, we have a distiller in the bathroom anyway and we wash our mouths out of a jar we keep next to the sink, that way you can avoid the 

rank tap water. 

If you want to take it to the next level you can also add in peppermint essential oils etc 

15 hours ago, wpw said:

"Is Water Flossing Better Than Regular Flossing?"

I floss, then brush then water pic.  The water pic is for getting the crap that builds up on your tooth, you should be getting a scale and clean (dental hygienist) a few times a year. 

Next level, we have a distiller in the bathroom anyway and we wash our mouths out of a jar we keep next to the sink, that way you can avoid the 

rank tap water. 

If you want to take it to the next level you can also add in peppermint essential oils etc 

That's what I did in the past as well until I learned that water flossing after brushing your teeth washes away the fluoride from the toothpaste that you just applied. So it's actually best to brush after using the water flosser, not before. Also, what applies to the water pic also applies to mouthwash.

sub-buzz-994-1588262586-7.jpg