The Mystical Man

Terence McKenna Appreciation Thread

14 posts in this topic

I consider Terence McKenna to be one of the greatest speakers of all time. He spoke eloquently and extemporaneously. His writing, too, was elegant. He was a master of the English language. Truly a wordsmith. Listening to him speak is like listening to music. 

"The world is labyrinthine beyond possibility of imagining, inhabited on many levels by alien intelligence, infinite in extent, staggering in its beauty, terrifying in its weirdness, endlessly satisfying and peculiar."

It's the first time that I'm saddened by someone's death.

874965199-ceIWqLT.jpg

Share your favorite Terence McKenna talks and quotes. 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

His last interview:

"Following your own curiosity is a better method for exploring the world than any of the methods offered. Sheer curiosity is the thing that I've always let me carrying along." - Terence McKenna

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Generated with Midjourney:

TerenceMckenna.png

McKenna on Synchronicity:

"Magical attunement with what wants to be." - McKenna

This is like a modern vlog, but it must be over 23 years old. The quality is surprisingly good:

On 9/2/2022 at 9:55 AM, The Mystical Man said:

Generated with Midjourney:

TerenceMckenna.png

Wow you did good here...I was not getting great results with Midjourney. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

I was watching this while stoned out of my mind on edibles - one of the best trips of my life.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

I was watching this while stoned out of my mind on edibles - one of the best trips of my life.

Sounds cool man...I'll check it out later myself.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

52 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Wow you did good here...I was not getting great results with Midjourney. 

you just gotta use the right prompts in the right way. Leo shared this resource in another thread if you're interested in giving it another go:

https://rexwang8.github.io/resource/ai/teapot

and here is another one:

https://github.com/midjourney/docs/blob/main/user-manual.md

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

1 hour ago, VictorB02 said:

you just gotta use the right prompts in the right way. Leo shared this resource in another thread if you're interested in giving it another go:

https://rexwang8.github.io/resource/ai/teapot

and here is another one:

https://github.com/midjourney/docs/blob/main/user-manual.md

Thanks for the share your the best!!

I love Terrence. Somehow I feel closer to him than most of the people I've actually met. Thanks for this thread and resources

Terence would have loved this:

"Belief is toxic. Live in the presence of the felt fact of immediate experience. Everything beyond that is conjecture." - Terence McKenna