supremeyingyang

My Report on Chewing Gum Alternatives

5 posts in this topic

I chew a lot. Basically all day. Did you ever read the ingredients of a chewing gum? Yuck. I can't imagine how much waste I consumed in the last 10 years through this alone. So I decided to change my habit.

I tried Mastix and Chicle so far, both are rather neutral in taste.

1.  Mastix is more expensive, but has also health benefits
  2. Chicle is as cheap as normal chewing gum, if you buy a lot even cheaper.

Benefits:

1. You need only 1 chewing gum the whole day
2. It's completely natural waste, so you can throw it wherever you want.
3. You can add your own flavor if you want to

It's really good. Finally a solution for that nasty problem of mine.

So what’s wrong with chewing normal gum?

The game of survival cannot be won. 

I've tried mastic gum, it's gross. Tastes like pine sap (it basically is), the consistency is wrong, takes a while to get it soft and feels like it's going to pull the fillings out of my teeth when I chew it.

I like PUR gum. It's made with xylitol, which is a natural sweetener derived from birch trees, and one of the few substances shown to inhibit and actually reverse tooth cavities. No sugar, no aspartame, vegan, nut free, soy free, gluten free, non GMO. Tastes and feels like standard gum and flavor lasts just as long as something like Excel.

I buy 8 packs at a time (55 pieces per pack) off Amazon for $30 CAD and it lasts me for a year or more chewing 1 - 2 pieces per day.

Edited by Yarco

But why? ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@King Merk @Michael569

Where should I start?;) The base contains plastic. Aspartam brings cancer. A lot of Ingredients are linked to bringing cancer, asthma and autoimmune diseases.

If you chew a LOT, like I do, this accumulates.. One the one hand I eat clean, on the other I chew on plastic??? Huge disconnect.

Here a quick link, there are a lot better if you gid it a little..

https://healncure.com/5-common-chewing-gum-ingredients-are-linked-to-cancer-and-more/

@Yarco

Thanks, I consider trying that PUR, even though I love Mastix... hehe