Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ramu

LSD and Alcohol

6 posts in this topic

I had previously reported no insights on my initial acid trip and a month later took the same dose.  For some reason Ive had these amazing mind-blowing awakenings on ganja.  I took a week off from smoking and smoked again and had another God Realization awakening that really rocked me hard.  However, despite not having any immediate insights after dropping LSD, the long term effect has been a total cessation of drinking alcohol.  I no longer pick up a single beer for after work and I've been avoiding going out for drinks...not out of some weird kind of willpower but because it no longer appeals to me.  A week or two ago I walked into a liquor store to buy lager beer and some tequila.  I bought nothing because it just didn't appeal to me.  I've been struggling with alcohol addiction for years and I'm SO fucking ELATED that I don't desire it anymore.  I'm still shocked and blown away by this in a great way.  All that struggle and after two LSD sessions it's gone.  Wow!  

Addiction suppression is commonly an effect LSD has on people as I've noticed many chronic alcoholics have quit after doing heroic doses. As a side note, if you give a drunk some acid, they'll sober up very quickly due to LSD's neuroprotective properties undoing brain damage from the booze.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

Yeah, LSD is something else in regards to persistent after-effects. I also had the effect of beer not only not appealing to me but also seeming to taste gross, after lysergamides. It also changes your perception for a few days. Can increase libido for a few days. A lot of things. Touch feels softer. 

Using a lot of LSD might make one think that body's chemistry changes from psychedelics are more important than contents of the experience. You don't need to think about abstaining from alcohol on a trip to become sober afterwards. 

Seemingly a lot of time wasted approaching limiting my alcohol usage with no real gains...then after LSD...Voila...gone.  Too bad psychedelics are demonized but the future looks brighter with case studies of people horribly addicted to a variety of substances that are cured in some cases after only a couple of treatments.  I think the reason most psychedelics are illegal in the US is because of the Big Pharma lobby.

2 hours ago, Ramu said:

I think the reason most psychedelics are illegal in the US is because of the Big Pharma lobby.

The fact that Pharmaceutical companies profit better from ineffective treatments than from highly effective ones certainly doesn't help. But there are many reasons why they're illegal. Probably the greatest reason is that Governments all across the globe are afraid they'll cease to exist if too many people are regularly tripping.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

On 1/8/2022 at 11:18 PM, Ramu said:

I think the reason most psychedelics are illegal in the US is because of the Big Pharma lobby.

Psychedelic are very useful for those who want to go deeper, but not so much for those who use them as an evasion. lsd was legal, until people like leary popularized it as a remedy for all ills and it reached the masses. Hoffman's book is interesting, LSD my demon son, or how I invented LSD and what happened in the world afterwards. LSD taken uncontrollably by the generation of the 60's caused the prohibition, since the government saw in it a serious source of instability. maybe with reason. Now can it be legalized? Sure. it is practically legal in half the world, and few people use them. in europe lsd and mushrooms are legal, and i don't know anyone who uses them