Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EugeneTheSage

Hands numbness; 'lightbolt' shocks in the neck, elbow

4 posts in this topic

Sorry for " 'lightbolt' shocks in the neck " I just don't know how to describe this problem:) Basically, it feels like...

You just sit casually in a chair (maybe even relaxed), and suddenly your shoulder kicks up, and you feel as though some light bolt had stricken your neck muscle closer to this shoulder. You don't necessarily feel pain, just 'shock' and maybe some numbness in the area. The lightbolt sometimes strikes the elbow as well. I haven't experienced this for a long time, but it could be related to the next described issue.

When I sleep my hands become numb (like there are needles that stab you at every square millimeter of your skin). It happens when I sleep on my side, or in 'pharaon pose'

12215978_le-pharaon.jpg

My bed is narrow, so it is not comfortable to sleep in shavasana as I like.

It is also worth mentioning that I've had tics in my eyelashes, different muscles throughout my body.

you may visit other topics on other health issues - you may find a connection between symptoms described in them and symptoms in this topic

What do you think this caused by?

21 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

When I sleep my hands become numb (like there are needles that stab you at every square millimeter of your skin)

get your B12 levels checked. May not be it but if you are severely restricting animal foods and not supplementing, it could be a factor here. 

Could also have something to do with the hypotension in your other post. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

It is probably magnesium defficiency, and general nervous system function defficiency. But for what I described here is called cervical radiculopathy, or pinched nerve. It is caused by deformation of intervertebral disc which affects the nerve going out of spinal cord