Strange experience when doing yoga

EugeneTheSage
By EugeneTheSage in Health, Fitness, Nutrition, Supplements,
I'm not sure if it is pathology or a mystical experience. When I was doing shashank-bhujangasana and when taking cobra pose the head went rolling. Then it 'stroked' my neck and the next second I was laying on the ground. I don't remember the moment I was falling. When I was gazing at the floor, there was an alternate feeling of 'self', the feeling was very mystical. There are a lot of factors to claim this thing is pathology or a mystical experience: Pathology: I have neurological issues, like tics, spasms, restless leg syndrome (I've cured this one), sometimes when laying in bed my body suddenly jumps, I had neck/shoulder strikes earlier in my life I generally have a lot of chronic symptoms: head swelling, tics/spasms, in the abdomen, hot flashes, some mysterious mild pains in different areas of my body Mystical experience: It felt nice I do yoga every day for 3 months and sometimes throughout the day my ego dissolves - it became a normal phenomenon. Recently I am able to relax deeper in vipassana Generally, after asanas that affect the neck, spine, twisting asanas, I experience perception enhancements such as more subtle perception, attention to the details, focus maybe both of these claims are true: the asana is really powerful, but I'm not yet ready for it What do you guys&girls think about this? Should I immediately run to the doctor, or slowly but surely adapt to this powerful asana?
  • 4 replies