Shari

Dark Night of the Soul Inquiry

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone here experienced a "dark night of the soul"? If yes, could you describe how it went? Were there mystical elements to it? Tow years ago I experienced a 124 day dark night(s) and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to endure in my life. Those nights occurred while in the midst of a very serious spiritual emergence. It was so worth it though. I came out the other end a changed person and am grateful it happened to me. What I experienced (with ALL of my senses) were both amazing and horrific. If faced with another awakening that included a dark night, I would do it all over again.

Yes and it was the most unpleasant, yet valuable time of my life. There were low key mystical elements like synchronicity, not much else besides that. I kept getting insights almost on a daily basis after I had understood what I'm going through. One thing that allowed me to embrace this time was someone on here telling me something along the lines of: just watch it happen, no matter how ugly it gets.

The biggest thing I struggled with was getting as much time alone as possible during that period. I saw that I had poor boundaries and people kept stepping on them and take advantage of me. I realised I allowed them to behave that way. Ending this cycle was how it all ended. At least this one ?

Dark night of the soul is when you see no way out. Life ie meaningless, but beyond that it's also pointless.

Draw from the three characteristics in Buddhist: Lie if unsatisfactory, nothing lasts, and it's empty o f self.

IF you really dive deep into these concepts and relate then to your life you may encounter dark night of the soul.

Think about it, if all your hopes and dreams were shattered because you realized they have no basis in reality, where would you land?

There'd be no point in doing anything. To cope, you have to figure out a way to make life worth living. That said, your ability to cope won't last. Because states are always in flux. We have no control over what comes amd goes.

Hard times come and go and your needs and wishes will never be met.

I can't emphasize that enough.

Dark night is the fuck of all all fuck all.s

There are ways to cope, but your primary focus will primarily be on your inner journery. Life will never do it for you, but pm the time at hand, you have to get clear on what's important to you. And it's important to have a reason to get od of bed.

Check mate

On 30/07/2022 at 2:23 PM, Judy2 said:

Maybe this is a silly question, but how can you say with such accuracy that it was 124 days long? Was there like a very clear, definite beginning and ending to this?

There was actually. Throughout the dark nights, every one of those nights, I was seeing visions and hearing the voices of unkown entities. When I woke on the 124th day, all had ceased, and I could I had finally purged my demons for good, finally. There were a lot of lessons to be learned, which is why I think it took so damned LONG. Thanks for your input!

On 30/07/2022 at 2:23 PM, Judy2 said:

Maybe this is a silly question, but how can you say with such accuracy that it was 124 days long? Was there like a very clear, definite beginning and ending to this?

Yes, it began on a day when I started hearing anomalous voices (no mental health diagnosis or anything like that), helping me try to find the will to live. It ended on the particular day when I woke up and all was silent. I knew the ride was completed then, and that I had figured out who I am and what my destiny is. I was awakened with the help of my guide protectors (I call them this now). I hope this clarifies things a bit.