Razard86

Question regarding one of Leo's posts

40 posts in this topic

This post confuses me. https://www.actualized.org/insights/absolute-presence-immortality

So here is my question. I know that I am existence itself.  I know I am immortal already and don't have to do anything to be immortal. But this post seems to suggest that my human avatar won't fall dead. IS THIS what you are saying? 

I am not the body, I am not the thoughts or senses, I am awareness itself, how in the heck does this have anything to do with the human avatar falling dead. I mean you could state it was never alive to begin with, and yeah I get that it is illusionary. But isn't the rules of this dream that the avatar will eventually perish? 

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Notice that you do not actually know that you're existence itself. As long as you're in the business of knowing, you will not be immortal. When you are absolute Being, there is no such thing as death.

You thinking about this, is the very thing that stops you from realising it. That's why it's so bittersweet. When you are absolute being there is no one there to think "I'm immortal, cool, I can't wait to tell all my friends about this."

But I guess that's more the No-Mind experience im talking about, so take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

7 minutes ago, Cykaaaa said:

Yeah. You're basically asking "Is physical death real?".

I'm looking for the answer too. Welcome to the club xD

This is not the kind of thing you look for. It will be self-evident once you drop your questions and objections.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

It's a matter of identity. What do you identify as ? If you identify as this human body ..then obviously thus will die .and anyone who says otherwise needs a serious reality check . BUT if you identity as nothingness. Obviously nothingness cannot die .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It's a matter of identity. What do you identify as ? If you identify as this human body ..then obviously thus will die .and anyone who says otherwise needs a serious reality check . BUT if you identity as nothingness. Obviously nothingness cannot die .

It's not that you identify as nothingness. All identification will naturally stop when you are in absolute Being.

8 minutes ago, Cykaaaa said:

That's not true for me too. You can have thoughts when being God. Like "Holy shit, I AM GOD!". What would be stopping you? ;)

Yeah, that's a different experience than what I'm talking about. That's why I mentioned No-Mind. I have never experienced what you are talking about outside of psychedelics. I have had many mystical, nondual, Love-realisation experiences spontaneously, but the God thing I can't really relate to that much. Its just a different flavor as far as I can tell, all these other experiences are also Absolute and will end all your questions and objections.

Edited by Nilsi

27 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

It's not that you identify as nothingness. All identification will naturally stop when you are in absolute Being.

When you say "absolute being ", what ,exactly, are you talking about ?

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

When you say "absolute being ", what ,exactly, are you talking about ?

How am I supposed to answer that? xD

@Nilsi so you have no idea what you are talking about ??

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Nilsi so you have no idea what you are talking about ??

I'm happy to accept that framing. The only sensical answer to "what is being?" is "be!"

Edited by Nilsi

3 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

I'm happy to accept that framing. The only sensical answer to "what is being?" is "be!"

Yup. It bothers me when people dive deep into their terminology expecting to find nothing but being understood when they themselves are not clear about their own definitions.

But I agree with you anyways . Reality can't be described with words .because reality is a whole .and words are just fragments of the whole .so the part cannot contain the whole .

-Osho

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

Notice that you do not actually know that you're existence itself. As long as you're in the business of knowing, you will not be immortal. When you are absolute Being, there is no such thing as death.

You thinking about this, is the very thing that stops you from realising it. That's why it's so bittersweet. When you are absolute being there is no one there to think "I'm immortal, cool, I can't wait to tell all my friends about this."

But I guess that's more the No-Mind experience im talking about, so take it with a grain of salt.

...You are projecting. I was in a car accident I know I can't die. I literally experienced ego death and experienced my body being INSIDE me versus me being inside it. So I know, don't try to speak for me. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Not a single person in this thread actually read my question to understand and literally vomited their projections all over the place. You guys literally need to learn how to ask questions and try to figure out what the person is asking. 

4 minutes ago, Cykaaaa said:

Are you not asking about the death of your form ("physical death")? If not, maybe elaborate.

Sorry if I sounded aggressive, its just anoyying when people completely ignore what you are asking.

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

But this post seems to suggest that my human avatar won't fall dead. IS THIS what you are saying? 

These were the main points of the question.

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

But isn't the rules of this dream that the avatar will eventually perish? 

As you can see it was asked twice. 

I already mentioned I know we are infinite and look what the first thing was posted.

2 hours ago, Nilsi said:

Notice that you do not actually know that you're existence itself.

^ I literally said I know I can't die and the first statement was this. It's like....sigh..... you didn't even listen.

So I'll repeat. I was in a car accident. I experienced my body being inside me and that I was pulling it. When my body healed after two weeks I felt the normal feeling of being inside my body. When I felt like I was outside of my body I was in bliss, and the bliss was intense and consistent. So just from that alone since I was half way to death I already know that 1. I am not my body. 2. Death is Infinite Love. And both were confirmed in my direct experience.

So my question was, was Leo saying the physical body won't even fall dead? That was my question. Not will I die because the body is not me, but the avatar (body) was he saying that wouldn't fall dead. 

13 minutes ago, Cykaaaa said:

I understand :)

Okay. That's what I interpret as "Is physical death real?". "Death of the form", even though You're Eternal. I'm eager to answer this same thing.

Thats the thing I know physical death isn't real my question was, was he saying the physical body wouldn't fall down when it takes too much damage etc. But I get it now, he was just saying when you are enlightened you wouldn't even notice when the body falls because you had no attachment to it all. So he wasn't saying the body isn't going to fall, you just won't notice. Which is interesting.

42 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

42 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

^ I literally said I know I can't die and the first statement was this. It's like....sigh..... you didn't even listen.

That's my point. You don't know that. I don't mean to be disrespectful and I don't want to trigger you, but you're just clinging to some petty memory. That is exactly what's in the way. And I only talk to you like this because I know you are serious about understanding.

2 minutes ago, Cykaaaa said:

Isn't this the idea of physical death? I feel like we're walking around in circles haha.

Idk if he said that. 

There was another post in the past where he implied that so I'm just adding that to this here. But its fine I found my answer anyway.

3 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

That's my point. You don't know that. I don't mean to be disrespectful and I don't want to trigger you, but you're just clinging to some petty memory. That is exactly what's in the way. And I only talk to you like this because I know you are serious about understanding.

Its fine that was just my ego. When you say clinging to some petty memory, you are basically saying that my attachment to my memory is preventing me from being present and truly realizing myself as God. That's what you are saying I take it. Basically I am still in the conceptual puzzle? I don't believe that, but maybe am I....

@Razard86

If you were to be so fully present in the moment, that there was no yesterday nor a tomorrow, only now, the concept of death wouldn't exist. 

You would have to leave the present moment to experience the existence of either yesterday, or tomorrow. 

Even if your avatar were to die, you would still be fully present in the experience of dying and the stages of dying, and they would be no more than just impermanent moments.

How would you know it would be the avatar dying, and not just another present moment "dying", as every other moment perishes.

Death is conceptual.

Remove that conceptual understanding, along with the ability, or desire, to travel into the past, or the future, and the conceptual understanding of death and experience dying never existed. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

4 minutes ago, Eph75 said:

@Razard86

If you were to be so fully present in the moment, that there was no yesterday nor a tomorrow, only now, the concept of death wouldn't exist. 

You would have to leave the present moment to experience the existence of either yesterday, or tomorrow. 

Even if your avatar were to die, you would still be fully present in the experience of dying and the stages of dying, and they would be no more than just impermanent moments.

How would you know it would be the avatar dying, and not just another present moment "dying", as every other moment perishes.

Death is conceptual.

Remove that conceptual understanding, along with the ability, or desire, to travel into the past, or the future, and the conceptual understanding of death and experience dying never existed. 

That's the answer I was looking for! Thanks man well explained I get it!