Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richard Purdy

Rare OCD problem. What therapy do I need?

6 posts in this topic

I always feel like I ruined myself for the day. I had a DMT trip in my dreams and got traumatized. In waking life, when I feel the same trauma I felt surface in the dream, or when I think about it, I feel like I’m activating DMT waves in my brain. So I always try to avoid these thoughts and feelings. I feel like activating it while you’re doing daily activities can hurt your brain.

Edited by Richard Purdy

Even posting this post. I feel like I have to stop all my activities for the rest of the day in order to not feel this forever. Then start again the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. Here's the next story: I was dehydrated while deep in meditation and my chakras were shaking. I was feeling them out. I suddenly felt trauma from the DMT trip (from my sleep)) And felt them out. This was scary for me. I felt like I was going to injure myself, but I felt through it anyway. Now I deeply regret doing it since I was dehydrated in the process. Now I have to wait 2 days, hydrate myself, and get back to normal before I can do anything again. Any daily activity. I had to be on my phone all day to heal. I know its in my mind, but I just believe it so much. My brain is hardwired to think like this. How can I unwire this? This is a tough subject, no one ever knows wtf I'm talking about, lol. This OCD is very complex. Help.... I need a practical plan!

Did you take DMT? How did you have a trip in a dream? 

19 minutes ago, Raze said:

Did you take DMT? How did you have a trip in a dream? 

Never took it in my life. Only weed molly and LSD. I had a dream that I smoked it with my dealer in a gravity bong in the parking lot. We started driving. And I started getting deeper and deeper into the trip. I resisted it and was scared. My dealer turned up the music and every beat got me deeper and deeper into the trip. I kept freaking out. From the visuals and the feelings it was a come up of a DMT trip. All I could see was red pulsing, pulsing my reality, if that makes sense. By the bass of the music. I woke up immediately after. I can still feel and remember everything what it felt like.

Few guidelines on how you deal with your OCD:

1. (unconditionally) accept your thoughts.
    • Resisting your obsessive thoughts will only make the symptoms worse.
    • Use mindfulness to observe them (like clouds in the sky) without judging or holding on to them.
    • Get busy focusing on the here and now.
  2. Use distractions.
    • Sometimes, you can manage your OCD symptoms by shifting your attention.
    • Many helpful activities can serve as distraction (like: calling a friend, taking your dog for a walk, going swimming, listening to music, playing sports, etc.)
    • Create a list of these activities you can do when the symptoms occurs.
  3. Gradually expose yourself to the fear.
    • The obsessive thoughts are created when you try to avoid facing what you deeply fear.
    • But unfortunately, when you avoid your fears, they only grow larger in scope.
    • Systematically exposing yourself to distressing situations can be curative.
  4. And lastly, Practice self-love.
    • Take care of yourself: exercise, meditate, do yoga, do things that makes you feel good, make friends, hang-around with positive people.
    • Eat good food and take nutrition suppliments.
    • Stop demanding that your behavior needs to fit your self-image/persona. Give yourself a break. ❤️

You can also read Rewire Your OCD Brain or see a therapist nearby.

PEACE :)