ExtraAwesome

Scared Of Enlightenment?

6 posts in this topic

Every time I meditate, and I'm about to have one of those "Enlightenment moments", I immediately get scared, and the experience goes away. Has anyone else had a problem with this?  Thanks! :D

2 hours ago, ExtraAwesome said:

Every time I meditate, and I'm about to have one of those "Enlightenment moments", I immediately get scared, and the experience goes away. Has anyone else had a problem with this?  Thanks! :D

I think it is very common and it should be anticipated. With meditation, when you get your enlightenment moments, of course your ego will resist. Why would it not. It has to surrender and the ego hates it. The ego is all about me, me, me and it wants to feel a sense of meaning and existence. So when you meditate and undermine these needs of the ego, of course it will get furious. It does not want "you" to see it for what it really is. That will kill the illusion it is founded upon and ruin the whole structure of the ego. Keep going - you are doing great!

I also feel depression, and loneliness after "no self" meditation. My sleeping schedule is also really crazy every since this enlightenment journey.  I'm pretty sure those are normal, too. I'm currently working on getting rid of my ego, and so far, it's working. Onwards!:D@Christian