Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christian

How To Create Identity-level Change?

4 posts in this topic

I really want to change my identity. I have low self esteem and lack assertiveness, humor, ability to love, be kind, etc. And I would absolutely love to embody these qualities in the future to come. But I feel that my knowledge regarding identity level change is lacking and I do not feel competent that I can change my identity. And another problem is that my identity is largely limiting my ability to be successful because I probably have lots of conditioning and limiting beliefs that need to be unwired or replaced.

In the past, I've tried to change my identity, but with little success because I always keep falling back into my old paradigm. It is like a never-ending cycle that I almost can't control. That is how it feels at times, but I was wondering if any of you have successfully created an identity change. Could you share the process? What did you go through? What is your experience with identity-level change? Any tips or input would be greatly appreciated :D

I do not feel competent that I can change my identity

Why ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

U were born in 1998 i see, well i dont know u and i am far from enlightened i guess so instead of telling what to do i could say what i did.

Well i am born in 1988 so a 10 year difference. I had no idea about working on yourself in any way and i didn't, i played mainly video games and i was not concerned with this stuff at all just lived my life. self development as a thing is for me only the last 2 years or so what i could say is that u have lots of time to develop yourself since u found out about this stuff so soon. about the conditioning and the beliefs u are at least aware that u have them i worked some limiting beliefs away with pure reasoning. no meditation or drugs or anything but just critical thinking that is what works for me. when i want something i simply ask myself can i get it if not why not and i almost always end up that the problem is me and no other rational counter argument can be given. Then i stall progress for a long time of course until there is a point that i am so fed up and bored with my own excuses that i go and do it and change is inevitable. 

I hope that helps remember u have time just chip away at it piece by piece and try to enjoy it.

Check out the book "breaking the habit of being yourself" by Joe Dispenza. the whole book is about changing your identity and about why it usually fails to maintain lasting change if you're not doing it correctly and only superficially