LowPlanetary

Collection Of Questions (meditation, Discipline And Happiness)

5 posts in this topic

I've been watching Leo's videos and the solutions to it all seems to always connect back to meditation. Is this true? Will meditation fix ALL my neurosis? And help me unwire the self help paradoxes (of being neurotic of fixing neurosis/ trying to change whilst being satisfied).

If that is indeed the case how do i get myself to actually meditate. Since leo says to meditate for 20 minutes a day and i can barely do 5 minutes at a time without feeling stressed and angry from doing the meditation. However, i have been doing 5 minutes a day every day consistently and have recently started to do two 5 minute sessions a day. So i''m not too sure about whether i'm on the right track.

Also another question. I'm very quickly running out of ways to feel happy. I used to indulge in entertainment (movies, tv, video games, e.t.c.) and food a lot. But now i'm not "addicted" to it anymore and have no real desire to do them anymore. However, i can't find many alternatives except from working on my passions, which is fun and enjoyable, but i can barely engage in that for most of the hours of my day because i have to go to school which produces tons of negative emotions and hopelessness which is right now one of my main problems which i hope to fix with meditation. However, as the school workload increases i find less and less time i can spend on my passions, especially since my passion is visual art (painting drawing) and making music, but it is hard to do that when i have RSI in my dominant hand and have to take constant breaks. So basically i feel the amount of ways to enjoy my life is deteriorating and having passions just won't be enough and i'll have to resort to learning how to be happy in the moment without needing anything. Yes that is my goal to one day do that but in my current state i feel it's impossible to wait 1- 3 decades for myself to even get close to that. 

Edited by LowPlanetary

feeling stress and angry is great for meditation. It's the ultimate tool to overcome them.  If you can focus on your body sensations while they appear and not get caught in the thoughts, if you accept and not resist those sensations, after some time, they will disappear as if never existed. that is the nature of sensations, if you can feel them fully they get stronger and stronger but as they reach their peak, they suddenly drop to zero. Similar to pleasure while having sex.

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

3 hours ago, LowPlanetary said:

solutions to it all seems to always connect back to meditation. Is this true? Will meditation fix ALL my neurosis?

No

That's an insufficiently nuanced understanding. If it was that simple, all I'd be teaching is meditation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

True. Leo. however I find meditation to be my beginning focus.. example I usually wake 1hr to 30 minutes before alarm goes off.. now this could be a dream state unless you wake up.. meditation seems easier this way for me to get 20 minutes or perhaps 45.. it's only advice on meditation time:)

If you're not enjoying your thinking meditation will get you back to zero  Any thoughts you're not enjoying, you added. Not being able to realize this keeps you having thoughts you don't enjoy. Meditation just helps you to realize this and choose other thoughts that are beneficial to you, that feel good. Your life unfolds from your thoughts. We have not added one thing to this earth that was,'t first a thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE