Opulence

How to find high quality people?

9 posts in this topic

I'm striving towards creating a better social circle. I want to be able to screen for high quality people to be a part of my clique. 

I constantly bump into low quality people and they're a huge pain in the ass. 

How would you know someone you meet is high quality? 

What traits do you recognize right off the bat when you come across high quality people? 

Edited by Opulence

try: seminars, meditaon retreats, university maybe, stage Yellow places, etc. 

6 hours ago, Opulence said:

I'm striving towards creating a better social circle. I want to be able to screen for high quality people to be a part of my clique. 

It's hard. Very hard. First check if you're someone a high quality person would be delighted to spend time with. If you got that box checked, put yourself out in places where you think someone like that would go and reach out relentlessly. Numbers game. One day you will wake up and be blessed with such people :x

@Opulence I don't understand what you mean by a better "social circle". 

You either have good friends or you don't. You either have many good friends or you have a few. You don't have a "circle" of friends. Just make one good friend. Two good friends are enough. One good friend can change your whole life. You don't need a "circle". 

The others can only be good acquaintances. 

Edited by Bird Larry

On 30/06/2022 at 7:41 PM, Opulence said:

I constantly bump into low quality people and they're a huge pain in the ass. 

I hear you that it’s hard to find people you have a deep and honest connection with.

One avenue you could go down is looking for the beauty in the people that you currently interact with.

From reading your post, I feel a heavily judgmental tone in how you relate to others… coming from that angle may be muddying the waters of your social interactions. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@Opulence maybe the reason you constantly meet low quality people isnt them. It's you.

Edited by Bird Larry

A few ideas: Look for people who:

- like to talk about deeper, more meaningful topics

- enjoy giving instead of receiving / taking

- give you new ideas & interesting new perspectives, that widen your horizon

- are usually positive about life

- you can feel comfortable being "yourself" around them without worrying about how they view you

- accept you with your flaws without judging you

- are there for you when you really need them

- are really concerned with your wellbeing and give you ideas how you can improve your life

High quality people have confidence in themselves period (nothing to do with their job, looks, status, money, age or whatever) - and it is very different from arrogance. They have a positive mindset. They are secure, know their values and make decisions according to those values. They know what they want out of life and why. They are open to learn from everything and everyone around them, so they don't look down on nothing or no-one. They always uplift others and add value to situations. They don't need to push people down so they can be on top and they are not takers, although their healthy self esteem will make sure they attend to their own needs instead of people please in order to be accepted or liked. They use collaboration strategies in every relationship and strive for win-win whenever possible.

Curious to know why you think low value people are a pain in the ass? And what could you do to elevate them if you must interact? Or at least how to elevate the interaction level?