tyy

Tyy's Journal Of Coldness

48 posts in this topic

Day 26

The cold showers and cardio continue. As mentioned I played some hockey last night and woke up not too sore. Since I could still move I made it to the gym for another weights and cardio session. 

Earlier today I also created that vision board for my girlfriend. She is using it as a phone background too. 

Gratitude: I am thankful for my vehicle. I am thankful for the memories from this weekend. I am thankful my hand is almost healed. 

Day 27

Another good workout to go with my cold shower. I trained legs tonight. Also at the gym were two friends that I share all my personal development stuff with, so it was nice to be in their company. 

Three days to go before my goal of 30 is complete! It just feels like regular business nowadays though.

Gratitude: I am thankful for the machines and weights in the gym. I am thankful for any chance to be creative. I am thankful my body is fully functional. 

@tyy  Please don't mind if I say something that doesn't go right with you or if you think I am wrong or weird. But I noticed one thing and thought to suggest you. Your writing is very powerful, soothing and has a smooth flow. There is something in your language and the way you use it, its very sweet. Have you ever thought of writing as a career. Because you're really good at expression through writing. Just wanted to offer that as a suggestion. You're doing great. Keep going. :)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Thanks a lot @Loreena ! That is some nice feedback to wake up to. I've never thought much about writing aside from the odd time when I am trying to think of ways to exercise my creativity (via fiction, blog or poem ideas). That being said, I haven't explored those outlets much - maybe I should in the future. Thanks again for your inspiring words. 

Day 28

Quick quick tonight. Strictly business kind of shower. 

I feel good about my week so far. Mostly because of the workouts, with increased cardio, and everyday all around better organization methods. Oh and the showers have been getting easier to close out the 30. 

On another note, I have been repeating some behaviours I am trying to fix. Maybe future journaling will include updates to keep me on task. 

Gratitude: I am thankful to sleep in. I am thankful for a day off training. I am thankful for the window by the row machine. 

Day 29 (...was yesterday)

Once again a quick shower due to many things going on yesterday. I got off work early in the afternoon because high winds cut power to our office. Arriving home I was quick to find the wind had plans for me too. Branches in the front yard, a massive branch crushing my neighbor's chain link fence, and another large branch getting nervously blown around over my roof. It didn't end up being the kind of early release day I would have liked! Nevertheless, the chainsaw and I got it handled.

After that it was time for the shower followed by meeting with the discussion group. Last night's topic was self-awareness. I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop because we also discussed goals, building confidence/momentum and briefly touched on spirituality.

Today is day 30! It won't be my last day in cold water though. After tonight's shower I will just continue this as an everyday habit.

Gratitude: I am thankful it was the fence and not my house. I am thankful I get to see my sister tonight. I am thankful I am unharmed after yesterday's events.

Day 30

So today is the day; 30 cold showers in a row! I really feel this cold water therapy has acted as the ether to ignite a stronger sense of motivation in myself. I will continue this practice, and may keep counting the showers for the heck of it. I'll see. 

In other news I have started reading the meditation book my girlfriend got for me last week. I am eager to get the chance to get back to reading it. Also, I tried my hand at some poetry earlier to get creative (see below). I feel good with how it went, and I am happy because a lot of my time has been aligned with my vision board. 

Gratitude: I am thankful I could stay busy at work. I am thankful for my night tonight. I am thankful I stuck to the cold showers. 

IMG_6922.PNG

Edited by tyy

One last tip before I stop posting in this thread (created a new vision board journal thread); if anyone has trouble lowering the water temperature without extreme reaction try the following:

1. Face the wall where the shower head is coming out of.
  2. Bend at the waist (45 degrees-ish) so the shower head sprays entirely on your mid-back / trunk area (you'll be facing down)
  3. Lower the temperature and let your body start to feel it
  4. Stand up normal then let it hit shoulders and all other areas

I found this to be a way to transition smoothly. It may just be in my brain, but thought it was worthy of mentioning in case it could help anyone get the temperature down.