BeHereNow

I just smashed my Ps4 Pro to smithereens lol good riddance

6 posts in this topic

The amount of time and money I wasted on that fucking machine, on games I knew I deep down I didn't enjoy sitting through and just the weight of the thing on my shoulders that was slowing me down, both figuratively and literally. As soon as I lunged that thing onto to concrete over and over again, I felt like some part of me was set free. I've never in my life have I felt a good as I do now, knowing I can be free from material shit and crap that just collects dust. Just. Like. That. Within a blink of an eye. The amount of corporate propaganda brainwashing me into thinking I needed it, I can see it for what it all is, just unconsciousness invading consciousness.

Yes, it was definitely done out of pent up anger and frustration and not to make some profound statement. I live in the UK, it's not a very friendly place for transgender people, people are just really rude in general and I'm exactly the most mentally stable of people if I'm being truthful. But fuck it, it's out of me now and I honest to God feel good.

Maybe minimalism isn't such a bad idea after all. I'd like to own a home where it'd be impossible for burglars to steal from.

The capitalist propaganda machine shoves this idea we need possessions and nifty gadgets because of well edited adverts and emotional manipulation. I say, you don't really need much at all to be happy.

My records, CDs, dvds, other games consoles and other useless stuff that wastes time won't meet the same fate as my Ps4, I will donate to a charity store for some other foolish sod that believes they need it.

I'll find other things to do with my time. Gosh, the money I'll save from just nothing. It's almost too good to think about. 

Beautiful. Come back to your own writing here if you ever have a relapse in thought. It might horrify you to find how sticky our addictive behaviors are. I've sworn video games off for life, but about once a week I entertain "what if..."

It's Love.

@RendHeaven thank you my friend, I know that for sure. I'm still having withdrawals from not smoking any tobacco or weed; plus not eating junk food or drinking poison, I've quit everything at once last week to persue a healthier lifestyle. It was that bad last night I cried myself to sleep.

But sleeping on it and waking up with a clearer head, I have no regrets over the ps4. Perhaps in hindsight, I should have just sold it or gifted it away but screw it, what's done is done. I still feel the relief lifted of my shoulders.

You could have just given it to a random kid on the street. Lot of resources went into making that thing. Talk about wasteful capitalism ?

Still, good for you ! 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 30.6.2022 at 1:38 PM, Michael569 said:

You could have just given it to a random kid on the street. Lot of resources went into making that thing. Talk about wasteful capitalism ?

Still, good for you ! 

Nah, these things are not good for children, better to smash it. Also more fun!