faith

Please Give Me Advice Regarding Aspirations

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was hoping someone in the forums could give me a good advice, spiritual or therapeutic, on how to handle aspirations. You see I get these aspirations sometimes to do things here and there. For example, I am interested in pursuing certain things right now such as posing nude for an art class, getting a job as a bouncer or a window washer, creating my own Youtube channel, etc... So little things here and there that come to my mind and stick.

The reason they come to my mind is because I feel that they will help me grow as a human being. For example, the nude posing will help me get over fear of people, bouncing job will help me get over fear of confrontation, and Youtube may help me with fear of failure. I think I need to do some of these things in order to advance to new discomforting and distressing feelings so I can incorporate them into my spiritual path and grow. 

The only thing is there are so many of them popping into my head and sticking, and I have other obligations in my life already (I would think more important) such as school, work, exercise, meditation, etc....

There are so many of them that pop into my head. How can I approach them? I sense a bit of an inner conflict, and feel stuck about how to prioritize and approach them so anything you could add will only add to my knowledge base.

Thank you very much everyone, and I wish you compassion and love! :)

@ashashlov Take meditation out of your generic list of things you would like to do, and reclassify it as the way you can let go of the same list. Then, you will have the clarity you desire and you will read your question posted here so differently. Godspeed. :)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Phil said:

@ashashlov Take meditation out of your generic list of things you would like to do, and reclassify it as the way you can let go of the same list. Then, you will have the clarity you desire and you will read your question posted here so differently. Godspeed. :)

Ah ok, I see what you're getting at (or at least I think I do). Thank you Phil, I will try to maintain this thought in my awareness.

:)

I think the approach of combining growth and proactivity you want to take is great.

I think it may help to realise you still have a lot of time to do some of these things. You can take the little things you really want to do one at a time - so you also tackle one fear at a time - and you've got the next 5 (or 10 or 50) years to do so.

How to prioritise? It's your mostly your leisure time, so I would say start with the one that will bring you most joy right now, When that runs its course, you can choose another one. And maybe you'll find that some of the things you feared or wanted are no longer relevant after a few months. 

Edited by Elisabeth

I suggest scraping your very idea and path of "aspirations" and consider it's only about your daily practices. Notice how people who are at their best say things like "I was just in the flow" or "time slowed down" or "I was outside myself, witnessing my action". These people got to that level with their daily practices and positive vision. If you don't have clarity the only advice you need is that what you want will not come from advice, but by your daily practices. Make a list of what you're doing for yourself daily, and then add to that list everything you can think of, and make a new list of what you want to do. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE