StarStruck

Spiral Dynamics Stage Beige Examples Mega-Thread

21 posts in this topic

Hey, ya'll, I need your help!

I want to create a comprehensive list of video examples of prototypical stage Beige thinking.

This is not meant to humiliate or demonize stage Beige. It's meant to be an educational tool for people learning about Spiral Dynamics.

So towards that end, scour the internet and find all the videos you can which exhibit stage Beige thinking. Try to find videos which are short and sweet. The more diversity we can display here, the better. Try to find examples from various cultures: Europe, Middle East, Asia, Indonesia, Japan, Russia, Africa, South America, etc.

We will create a mega-thread like this for every stage in the Spiral, from Red to Turquoise. But here, let's just focus on Beige. Each week I will start a new mega-thread topic for the next stage.

Do not start a political debate in this thread! It is not our goal here to defend our personal political positions or to judge any stage, but simply to compile examples.

Thanks for your help! I'm excited to see what kind of juicy stuff you dig up. Try to be selective with your choices.

This can turn into a really cool list.

Stage Beige Values & Characteristics:

Food, water, warmth, shelter, sex, and safety have priority

Meeting one's base physiological needs

Use instincts and habits just to survive

Distinct self is barely awakened or sustained, little awareness of self as a distinct being (undifferentiated)

Ego/'I'/Sense of self has yet to emerge

Forms into survival bands to perpetuate life

Simply make it through the day/night

Entities exist as biological units

Lives 'off the land' much as other animals

Automatic, autistic, reflexive

Centers around satisfaction of human biological needs

Driven by deep brain programs, instincts, and genetics

Minimal impact on or control over environment

Stage Beige Examples:

The first peoples, ancient nomadic peoples, newborn infants, senile elderly, late-stage Alzheimer's victims, mentally ill street people, the homeless, homeless tent encampments, starving masses, bad drug trips, and 'shell shock' (Severe PTSD), Described in anthropological fiction like Jean Auel's Clan of the Cave Bea

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

I always though that it was arbitrary and misleading to claim that modern-day hunter-gatherer tribes are an accurate representation of how pre-historic humanity lived.

Imagine the following scenario: the present global world order collapses, there are mass shortages of all survival needs and, because most people today are totally dependent upon centralised infrastructure, billions of people die, whilst a few independent bands of “survivalists” manage to pull through. What sort of life do you think these survivors would lead? It would be a much more rudimentary and bare-bones life.

Who is to say that this is not the case for modern hunter-gatherers? They are the residues of the decomposition of ancient civilisations.

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

Poor quality thread, I’m going to come back and recreate my own version of this. 

The mods had better feature it.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

3 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Poor quality thread, I’m going to come back and recreate my own version of this. 

The mods had better feature it.

It is not about the OP but about examples being posted. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

7 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

You can’t just steal my topic like this. It is disrespectful and rude. 

In Tate we trust

1 minute ago, StarStruck said:

You can’t just steal my topic like this. It is disrespectful and rude. 

You literally copy pasted my thread...

@Husseinisdoingfine

5 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

You literally copy pasted my thread...

Dude. Just fuck off. You copy pasted from Leo’s thread. Literally…

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

8 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Husseinisdoingfine

Dude. Just fuck off.

Do not direct vulgarities at members.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Do not direct vulgarities at members.

Ok

In Tate we trust

Movie series Purge is about society turning beige

In Tate we trust

On 6/19/2022 at 3:28 AM, StarStruck said:

Hey, ya'll, I need your help!

I want to create a comprehensive list of video examples of prototypical stage Beige thinking.

This is not meant to humiliate or demonize stage Beige. It's meant to be an educational tool for people learning about Spiral Dynamics.

So towards that end, scour the internet and find all the videos you can which exhibit stage Beige thinking. Try to find videos which are short and sweet. The more diversity we can display here, the better. Try to find examples from various cultures: Europe, Middle East, Asia, Indonesia, Japan, Russia, Africa, South America, etc.

We will create a mega-thread like this for every stage in the Spiral, from Red to Turquoise. But here, let's just focus on Beige. Each week I will start a new mega-thread topic for the next stage.

Do not start a political debate in this thread! It is not our goal here to defend our personal political positions or to judge any stage, but simply to compile examples.

Thanks for your help! I'm excited to see what kind of juicy stuff you dig up. Try to be selective with your choices.

This can turn into a really cool list.

Stage Beige Values & Characteristics:

Food, water, warmth, shelter, sex, and safety have priority

Meeting one's base physiological needs

Use instincts and habits just to survive

Distinct self is barely awakened or sustained, little awareness of self as a distinct being (undifferentiated)

Ego/'I'/Sense of self has yet to emerge

Forms into survival bands to perpetuate life

Simply make it through the day/night

Entities exist as biological units

Lives 'off the land' much as other animals

Automatic, autistic, reflexive

Centers around satisfaction of human biological needs

Driven by deep brain programs, instincts, and genetics

Minimal impact on or control over environment

Stage Beige Examples:

The first peoples, ancient nomadic peoples, newborn infants, senile elderly, late-stage Alzheimer's victims, mentally ill street people, the homeless, homeless tent encampments, starving masses, bad drug trips, and 'shell shock' (Severe PTSD), Described in anthropological fiction like Jean Auel's Clan of the Cave Bea

All of this you copy pasted from my thread.

The examples and characteristics came originally from the SDi book. Even the examples came from the original book. The videos you posted as well came from my thread.

8 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

All of this you copy pasted from my thread.

The examples and characteristics came originally from the SDi book. Even the examples came from the original book. The videos you posted as well came from my thread.

It is literally the format used by Leo in all the other mega threads. You are not going to fool anybody. I advice you to reflect on your behavior because if you do this to the wrong person in real life you will get in trouble really fast. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck

8 hours ago, StarStruck said:

It is literally the format used by Leo in all the other mega threads. You are not going to fool anybody. I advice you to reflect on your behavior because if you do this to the wrong person in real life you will get in trouble really fast. 

Don't mind him, his attention seeking behaviour is a characteristic of hussian not doing fine today.

Some  Chameleons survive in the desert, and behave differently compared to their jungle counterparts, like moving much quicker to chase down prey, and they devolve their tongues unlike the jungle counterparts that kept their tongues to catch prey. They also have a different mating ritual.

16 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@StarStruck

Don't mind him, his attention seeking behaviour is a characteristic of hussian not doing fine today.

Some  Chameleons survive in the desert, and behave differently compared to their jungle counterparts, like moving much quicker to chase down prey, and they devolve their tongues unlike the jungle counterparts that kept their tongues to catch prey. They also have a different mating ritual.

he definitely belongs in the desert. 

In Tate we trust