ABtucan

I feel that my level of compassion is holding me back in approaching Business

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, let me preface this with explaining i am in the planning stages of starting my first business. 

I have taken Jordan Petersons personality test and discovered i am very high in compassion as a personality trait. I all-ready knew this to some extent and over the last few years I have felt my ability to feel and empathise with human emotions, develop significantly. 

My problem is, I am actually concerned that my business wins may be someone else's losses. Im concerned that these thought patterns are all-ready really holding me back.

Rather than focusing on my own success, im thinking about the potential failure of others. I feel its a ridiculous position to be in, because obviously my own life matters more. My level of compassion is to high in this case and being counter productive. 

im wondering if anyone else has experienced such a feeling and any strategies or ways to re think this.

High conciousness business interactions are win-win. Your product or service should be providing more value to your end customer than the money they pay you.

As long as you aren't scamming people or ripping them off with an inferior product, and you do everything reasonably possible to create a satisfied customer, it's hard to end up in a win-lose situation.

See if part of this feels like imposter syndrome, like you are worried you aren't good enough to deserve people's money, as well.

The global market for goods and services is so vast that for all intents and purposes we live in a world of infinite abundance. Your work won't be even a drop in the sea. So don't even worry about taking business from competitors either. Do you feel bad when you go to a job interview, knowing it'll be you at someone else's expense? Is the feeling strong enough to give up the job for them? Do you think they'd do the same for you?

If your product or service is better than your competitor, you're saving the end user from their inferior product and offering them a better solution. You should only feel guilty if you're offering less for more money.

Edited by Yarco

@Yarco thanks for those words, thats really useful. 

Part of it does feel like imposter syndrome and thats because im not yet prepared for my business to add the value that it will. Once i have done the work in the background i think this will go away. 

Yes, of course compassion makes business and survival harder. Which is why plenty of the best business leaders are sociopaths and narcissists.

The rate of narcissism among corporate executives is way higher than the average population. This is no accident.

With that said, don't turn this into a limiting belief. You can create conscious and healthy businesses. It's just harder than a low consciousness business.

Also, you have to learn how to turn off your compassion in some contexts and you gotta learn masculine forms of compassion which are more brutal.

If you are too compassionate it will serve you to force yourself to be uncompassionate. Then you can find a healthy middle ground and use compassion only in the right contexts.

If you want to be a billionaire, being a sociopath is extremely helpful. The good news is, no one needs to be a billionaire to be happy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thanks for your reply Leo. For reference, i am a man. Can you elaborate on: learning more masculine forms of compassion?

3 minutes ago, ABtucan said:

@Leo Gura Thanks for your reply Leo. For reference, i am a man. Can you elaborate on: learning more masculine forms of compassion?

Watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHtvGj-8ObA&t=80s

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.