Husseinisdoingfine

Does anyone here have a degree in theoretical physics?

5 posts in this topic

What’s it like getting it? Was it worth it? Is physics important?

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

I know a friend from high school who has it. Haven't talked to him in years though :D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I know a friend from high school who has it. Haven't talked to him in years though :D

Lol same. It was interesting too how he went into it as an existential inquiry at the time.. but in the middle of it abandoned the quest because he felt like "there was no answer to be found". When I later approached him with existential stuff he just ignores me lol. People can really change by survival needs.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

12 hours ago, Hydreigon360 said:

I've done two years of my physics with theoretical physics degree. What you wanna know

Is it worth it? Do you feel as if you understand reality better than most people?

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

I have degrees in Physics and Math.  You asked a broad question.  It depends on your goal.  As for understanding the world, there are limitations.  The educational curriculum focuses on learning mathematical equations and cranking out answers from those equations.   The philosophy behind physics or the history of physics is mostly ignored.  So, for example, if you take quantum mechanics, you will learn various solutions to Schrödinger’s equation, but all of the philosophical questions raised by Quantum Mechanics or what is says about reality will not be addressed.  If you want something that requires more thought beyond technique, I suggest studying the history of science and the philosophy of science.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.