mmKay

Nickel toxicity from Stainless Steel Cookware

8 posts in this topic

As I'm going through this heavy metal detox challenge I had decided to do a hair test in spite of it not being strictly necessary for the ACC protocol but I found I'm Nickel toxic. I was confused. Where did this come from? I began brainstorming. Is it because of the 5 years of brackets I've worn? Is it the retainers? Is it the dental implant? Is it because I've been consuming lots of tozix raw flaxmeal? 

Today it hit me: last year I thought I had upgraded my cookware from a chipped teflon covered pan to a cheap 30€ stainless steel pan from Ikea. 

As I finished cooking and sat down to eat i noticed my habit of eating straight out of the pan. I noticed the sound of the steel spoon scratching the bottom. 

Could this be it? 

Turns out I've most likely gotten Ikea'd. 

How do you pick stainless steel that is not laced with toxic metals that leach? 

How do I even retox Nickel?  I started having the weirdest symptoms. Dizzines, a second tinnitus ( I've had one my whole life - I swear I started to belive I'm picking up wifi waves with my ears lol)  short term memory loss, poor concentration skills ... IMG_20220530_164206.jpgIMG_20220607_120344.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-07-12-03-07-938_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-07-12-03-12-252_com.android.chrome.jpg

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Aparently you sweat nickel out. Sauna here we go. 

Seems you may indeed be on to something. Might even be worth reporting to your doctor as an individual case study actually. Doctors are obliged to collect these rare scenarios of rare occurrences for the completion of larger case series to incentivise observational studies to be triggered in the future. 

Normally, traces of nickel are found in some foods and these should not be an issue but seems it can become problematic indeed through the cookware. I was not aware of this.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7037090/ (most findings in here are based on in-vitro tho so bear that in mind as you skim through) 

Interesting perspective when cooking tomato sauce on it  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4284091/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27804135/ - seems that even after 1 hour of cooking the content is already growing. 

Also, final point. Hair mineral analysis is not very accurate. We don't know the correct ranges and different labs use different safe vs not-safe ranges and there are not evidence-based standardised levels at the moment so also bear this in mind as you go down the nickel detoxification rabbit hole. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Interesting

Looks like you are 0.035% german

Edited by MarkKol

1) I would not trust those hair tests at all. Who knows what chemicals might cover your hair from water, soap, shampoo, etc.

2) The reality is that you have to go with the lesser of all the evils. What else are you gonna cook with? Plastic? Aluminum? Copper? Teflon?

Stainless steel seems to be the healthiest kind of material relative to plastic, aluminum, copper, Teflon, and other coated pans. Maybe glass is better, but some glass can contain lead. And you can't really cook well in glass so it's not gonna fly long-term.

Also, why would high quality SS contain nickel?

3) You could have easily gotten that nickel from food and drink. That's in fact the most likely source.

4) Do a provoked urine test to really see what is being pulled out of your body. Then chelate if necessary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

IMG_20220608_162612.jpg2) The reality is that you have to go with the lesser of all the evils. What else are you gonna cook with? Plastic? Aluminum? Copper? Teflon?

Stainless steel seems to be the healthiest kind of material relative to plastic, aluminum, copper, Teflon, and other coated pans. Maybe glass is better, but some glass can contain lead. And you can't really cook well in glass so it's not gonna fly long-term.

Also, why would high quality SS contain nickel?

From andy Cutler's book about hair test interpretationIMG_20220608_162612.jpg

* reminder to complete post when I'm home*

5 hours ago, mmKay said:

From andy Cutler's book about hair test interpretation

Maybe try holding a magnet to the stainless steel, if his magnet test is sound.

He does say at the top  "Stainless steel that magnets won't stick to has nickel in it, stainless that will hold a magnet does not have much nickel if any"

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho