assx95

Did the Splitting of Moon actually happen?

3 posts in this topic

I was reading about this King in Kerala, India who witnessed the Moon splitting into two. He asked everyone about it. Then the Arab Merchants brought him to Arabia, where he met Muhammad the Prophet of Islam, and he converted. 

This could have been an eclipse or I really am open-minded to believe that if God wills, the moon could be split in half. If this event did happen, what are the implications? If it was an eclipse, where the sun caused the moon to look as if it was split, it sure must be a great coincidence that it happened when the Pagan Arabs wanted to see a miracle. I don't know if this happened. If it did happen, these are signs of someone powerful. I wouldn't jump to the immediate conclusion that it was God. There could exist a being powerful enough to split the moon in half. Or just like I can fly in a dream, this is more like- Lucid dreaming that the moon has been split, and that would mean, I am still in the dream or it could be like what the Muslims say, it was God who made it happen. 

How does one know the truth? 

The moon splitting in half during time humans have been on the Earth is unlikely. It'd totally mess up tides and flood most of the world.

However it's possible that the moon split off the Earth after being hit by another planet early in its history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant-impact_hypothesis

Saturn's rings are most likely made from a smashed up moon.

The moon itself getting cracked in half by something isn't that farfetched. Maybe it's an allegory referring to something long before humans. Gravity eventually forms everything back into spheres over billions of years.

Focus on direct experience, not fantasy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.