Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vibroverse

Islam

6 posts in this topic

Are there any Muslim friends here, I wanna have a chat about how Islam and nonduality are related. 

You can ask here so everyone can see it and help

I’m the one who dreams. 

They're not, a few Sufis like Al-Halaj and Ibn Arabi lost the plot but otherwise there is a clear separation between creator and creation in Islam.

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

56 minutes ago, mp22 said:

They're not, a few Sufis like Al-Halaj and Ibn Arabi lost the plot but otherwise there is a clear separation between creator and creation in Islam.

Stumbled across this, what do you think?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NevilleGoddard/comments/t1j5bt/in_islam_we_are_born_from_gods_breath_you_are/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I’m the one who dreams. 

I'm Arab ex Muslim, what do you want to ask? 

My opinion is that Islam like all religions has the kernel of truth in it, and God is described well in the Quran but there's so much baggage with Islam that it's probably not the best spiritual practice to embody non dualism if that's what you're going for.