ardacigin

Cyberpunk VR: A Spiritual Practice Regarding Ego & Personality Structure

5 posts in this topic

For any gamers out there, I'm going to recommend a very technological-based spiritual practice that will help you get an insight into how ego and personality structure is highly elusive and ultimately a mind construct.

This will require some introspection in experience but also outside in meditation as well.

What I'm about to explain is going to be a highly unorthodox style of practice - akin to the Vajrayana style of training.

A Quick Summary of How To Set Up The VR Experience:

Many of you are aware Cyberpunk is a highly anticipated game that has failed to meet a lot of the hype people had. Now the game has been out for about 1.5 years. Due to bugs, I've decided to hold off on experiencing it however; things have changed recently. 1.5 update came out and incredible progress has been made by turning Cyberpunk into a fully functional Virtual Reality game: Luke Ross's mod.

First of all, you need to have a capable PC to play Cyberpunk VR. I have 5700 xt and ryzen 5 3600, 16 GB Ram. This is the bare minimum to enjoy this experience on VR. In Nvidia terms, 2070 super - rtx3060 will do the job.

Use the lowest settings and 1920p resolution for 60-70 fps with this build.

You also need a VR system. I use Oculus Quest 2 and it is currently the best price to performance VR system out there.

After getting Cyberpunk on Steam, head over to Luke Ross's Patreon page. Purchase its subscription for 1 month, acquire the mod and you can leave the subscription afterward.

The instructions on how to apply the mod is very simple and explained in his Patreon Tutorial.

------

How To Practice and Why This is So Profound?

After starting the game on VR, make sure you select a character that is different from your gender. This is the key. The main character is named V.

So, if you are a guy, select to play as Female V. If woman, a male V.

This is important to get you to see the following:

'Oh! In a VR immersed setting, I literally become the female V, thinking like her and reacting to experiences like her. It is as if I'm in a movie and my consciousness has been transferred to another body'

This gets you to see (eventually) the body is entirely irrelevant in the construction of the sense of 'I'. You CAN actually conceive of your mind and sense of 'I' in a completely different body. In fact, in an opposite gender as well. Allowing you to see gender is a part of this construction.

The ego and personality structure morphs and shifts to accommodate the new body's awareness and consciousness. This becomes apparent after 7-10 hours in to the game as Cyberpunk becomes an actual movie in terms of atmosphere and quest design in VR.

In Vajrayana practice, you merge the ego with a diety to get insight into how the self is a mental construct. In this technique, you are literally doing the same thing but in Cyberpunk VR.

But to practice it, you need to nurture this new awareness of 'I'. This awareness will develop as you play the game and I want you to pay attention to how your ego structure gets modified with Female V in the background.

After getting a sense of this realization, sit down in a formal setting in stillness and inquire about your sense of 'I'.

That is the practice.

-----

Final Thoughts:

I've been a gamer for the majority of my life and I'm an easily content and pleased person thanks to my decades-long spiritual practice. However, things are getting to another level of profoundness after my initial 6 hours with Cyberpunk VR.

I can say with absolute certainty that Cyberpunk VR is one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life. Not only does it have serious spiritual implications but also it feels like the next generation of what video games will evolve to as VR space gains momentum.

Cyberpunk VR is easily 100 times better than whatever 2d vanilla version people played on a monitor. Not only the bugs have been ironed out but the experience has shifted into a different dimension. 

Cyberpunk VR is probably going to be an unforgettable experience for me. I was shocked at how amazing it was yesterday night. I feel sorry for people who've experienced it on a monitor 1st time playing. If you've held off on playing it like me, this is the definitive way to play. 

Let me know your thoughts below after experiencing it.

---

Much love,

Arda

I used to roleplay on GTA, the part where you say you live your character’s role is spot-on, I pretty much was thinking from the character’s pov as I was the character itself even though it wasn’t vr, just normal gta on computer screen but the environment pulls you in and each character you roleplay is different and gives you different experience especially that there are real players playing online with you and there are variety (Male, Female, American, Chinese, Mexican, Police, Hobo, etc) and each character you can develop  

this gets trippy when I pull back and think about life here and how God operates all at once from different perspectives to experience itself through everything, WOW. 

I’m the one who dreams. 

On 28.05.2022 at 11:19 AM, Maka said:

I used to roleplay on GTA, the part where you say you live your character’s role is spot-on, I pretty much was thinking from the character’s pov as I was the character itself even though it wasn’t vr, just normal gta on computer screen but the environment pulls you in and each character you roleplay is different and gives you different experience especially that there are real players playing online with you and there are variety (Male, Female, American, Chinese, Mexican, Police, Hobo, etc) and each character you can develop  

this gets trippy when I pull back and think about life here and how God operates all at once from different perspectives to experience itself through everything, WOW. 

Right :) Now imagine you actually do live in a GTA world. There is a GTA 5 VR mod that does the exact same thing. You can try that since it would be easier on the GPU.

Roleplay does get you closer to this understanding but more 'merging' needs to take place in a meditative state to access the insight I'm talking about. Daily introspection is needed in formal and informal sessions to drill this into the deepest recesses of the mind system.

@ardacigin Its interesting you mention VR on this forum.  I recently got a occulus 2 and have found it pretty profound.  I don't know if you believe in different spritual bodies such as light and what not, but I found that VR has allowed an access to a Self sense I don't think I could of connected with as deeply without VR.

I've found being in VR outer space and meditating with eye's open to be uniquely liberating.

6 hours ago, Mu_ said:

I don't know if you believe in different spritual bodies such as light and what not, but I found that VR has allowed an access to a Self sense I don't think I could of connected with as deeply without VR.

I've found being in VR outer space and meditating with eye's open to be uniquely liberating.

@Mu_ Damn, that's cool. :D