Principium Nexus

What Is Awareness?

29 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Barna said:

When you are dreaming you don't use your dream body to experience sensations, you experience everything directly because everything is in you (everything in the dream is happening in your brain). It's funny when you realize that it feels the same even when you are awake. It feels like you are experiencing everything directly, and not through your senses. :)

I noticed that when I am dreaming I don't see throught "my eyes", I see myself from the "outside" as if I was filming the dream and I was one of the actors...

I also had a dream where I lost my identity, and I wake up scared as fuck... at that moment I wasn't even questioning my identity.

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Talking about scary dreams, tonight I lost my connection with reality. I don't know if I was dreaming or not.

I didn't know the difference between reality and thought. I just started walking around in the dark room trying to figure out what's real and what's thought. And I still don't know if it really happened or not. :)

I think of it as the only unchanging quality of experience. Strip away all form or anything that changes, and what remains is awareness.

At least that sounds nifty on paper. 

@Barna

I was doing the exercise you posted and you are right. Feelings or sensations happens in the place where we touch or feel an object. Awareness is all around us. Now I understand what it means when they say it's all pervading.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse I'm glad it helped you! :) 

It's just a start. Yesterday I started combining the motionless meditation with awareness meditation. I had near-infinity experiences several times while my body was completely motionless (asleep I guess) for 2-3 hours. I was lying on my bed while doing this meditation. It was amazing. I guess I will start every night with this meditation. :) 

@Barna  I am not having anything special during meditations, but I am having tons of little insights about my behavior and about the nature of reality. It's amazing how fast "my" belief system changes so fast. I am a different person everyday Lol...

18 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@Barna  I am not having anything special during meditations, but I am having tons of little insights about my behavior and about the nature of reality. It's amazing how fast "my" belief system changes so fast. I am a different person everyday Lol...

Actually you're not really one person but a collection of billions of cells, dying and regenerating every second. On average all your cells get replaced completely every 7-10 years. But yeah it's really fascinating how fast our idea of identity can change with some simple new insights ;)

@Principium Nexus  In fact I am nothing, I am not that billions of cells walking randomly around there Lol...

:P

Awareness - that moment when you've just boarded your flight, and you realize you're wearing two left shoes.

legs1.jpg

Edited by jse
now with more visuals!