Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LordFall

An existence defined by nothing

4 posts in this topic

I'm curious if anybody here can relate to this sentiment.

I'm mixed race and therefore don't particularly have a racial identity. I grew up speaking French then moved to an English province and have lived as an anglophone since then so language-based identity doesn't mean much to me. I have lived in different major cities and small towns and have found great friends and relationships in them all so I kind of feel at home anywhere and nowhere specific. I used to be a big gamer and then a stoner and then a pickup guy and now don't really identify with these groups so I don't feel like I have any type of group label that applies to me. I'm an introvert(INTP) but also developed my social skills so feel quite at ease in most social situations so neither existence really defines me. 

I feel quite comfortable in this existence but yet I have not found any particular thing, group, activity, or anything else really that really defines me or holds my interest for particularly long. It's a strange paradox that I haven't really seen anyone talk about. I don't feel lost but I also don't feel found. Almost like nihilism but I find a lot of meaning in most things so I don't really relate with people of that ideology. 

I hope that made sense, curious if most or some people here can relate to this feeling. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

There are no paradoxes in life, just misanalysis...

"I'm an introvert(INTP) but also developed my social skills "

This by itself is contradiction too. Not that INTPs don't have "social skills", it's that their social behavior is on completely different level then the average. Therefore, INTPs feel unsatisfied and prefer to isolate themselves. This is reflecting back again, by not "learning" accepted social behavior, and therefore - double the dissatisfaction when "socializing" with groups. 

To be comfortable, but detached is actually very typical/average human behavior. You never had huge goals/believes or expectations in life. Therefore you have nothing to disappoint, nothing to strive for. Your animal needs (food, shelter, socializing) are satisficed, therefore you just drift. Since there is nothing physical, or psychological to drive you. Therefore life becomes nothing. You don't need to be a "nihilist" for that, nihilism is philosophy, it's intellectual. You get the natural experience, that doesn't require anything.

seems a good and necessary stage ... drop all the labels ... be the most extraordinary most unique most well rounded individual you can be

the universe has been awaiting your anticipated arrival for an eternity

“Tell a person they are nothing, they want to fight you. 
Tell a sage they are nothing, they will take it as a compliment. “

~ Moojiji 

In my most enjoyable experiences I have been nothing. 

Edited by ChrisZoZo

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am.