Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dragallur

Ways To Be More Ecological (leo's 29.1.2017 Insight)

9 posts in this topic

Hi,
I just read Leo's last insight where he said that in the future he would like to talk about ecology. I personally quite like that topic so I decided to make this thread where people could share their own little ways in which they are helping the environment and how they live sustainable lives.

Why would we do that in the first place?

• Because we want other organisms to be able to perceive the beauty of this world in the future

What are some simple ways that we can be more ecological?

1. Stop thrashing food
  2. Make holidays in your country
  3. Use public transport instead of car
  4. In some countries you can choose what energy source your house has, go for solar panels or wind energy (aka. renewable resources)
  5. Stop buying stuff (clothes, unnecesarry things in your house etc.)
  6. Buy fairtrade products
  7. Buy local products more than things from other countries
  8. Be vegetarian --> vegan
  9. Build solar panels on roof of your house
  10. Take cold showers only/mostly
  11. Let the temperature in your house drop more in the winter than usually before heating up
  12. Do not buy packaged water
  13. Especially dodge products that need lot of water: lamb, beef, etc.
  14. Stop using new plastic bags, save some and use them more times or buy leather bags
  15. Turn of lights in your house
  16. Recycle everything
  17. Fully use paper before throwing it out
  18. Do not wash your bedsheets every week, use your jacket more than once
  19. Repair things instead of throwing them out
  20. Get better isolation of your house so that it keeps its temperature
  21. Start compost on your garden
  22. Buy better light bulbs once the one that you have break
  23. Reduce the amount of accesories you have in kitchen, most things can be cut by knife only!
  24. Dont buy brand new car, 50% or so of car carbon footprint is from manufacture only!
  25. Use rechargeable batteries
  26. Have plants in your house!
  27. Save old newspaper, it can be used for cool things like drying wet shoes or starting fire in your oven

Alright, feel free to share more of these or some other insights, be green ;)

Dragallur

Note: some of these things are more complicated than one would think, for example food thrashing is quite complicated thing and it is good to read about it something. We are often programmed by our parents on how to live but our ways often do not make so much sense and are not very eco friendly. (Check out page Food not Bombs for example)

Note2: Do you think that it is not so bad? It fucking is, the fucking global warming is fucking bad

Edited by Dragallur

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

- Finding inner peace is most important to reduce wasteful consumption and to be an example for others.

- Eat more raw. Healthier too generally (not boiling out nutrients).

I haven't been using a heater since 3 years. Though the winters don't get too cold in The Netherlands (-5 to -10 max generally). I like it way better. Haven't gotten a cold in those winters either I think. Because it's really not cold at all, the body simply adapts, produces more brown cells or something, and you can just wear finger gloves and a scarf etc. if it gets too cold, super easy.
I think it really boost the immune system or does not harm make the system more prone to getting sick.

Because when you think about it, it's quite unnatural when the seasons go colder to sit in warm house > go into cold > warm place > go into cold repeat. En plus you don't have that dry air shit. 

- Also riding a bike, but I would advice wearing a mouth cap if you are riding in traffic. Also you need exercise anyways to stay healthy and balanced (it's natural to move). 

We have no free will to do anything. just let god do what "he" wants. maybe he wants to see this infinitely small dust corn earth burn in hell. Like a child that destroys his own LEGO tower. god loves rape/child abuse/war/torture/destruction as much as he loves beauty/health/friendship/wisdom

43 minutes ago, Echoes said:

We have no free will to do anything

Try to embrace this paradox, I encourage you to listen to Leo's video about Free will.

-Insomnium

16 minutes ago, Dragallur said:

Try to embrace this paradox, I encourage you to listen to Leo's video about Free will.

Will do. maybe I am a little confused about this "free will" topic.

2 hours ago, Echoes said:

We have no free will to do anything. just let god do what "he" wants. maybe he wants to see this infinitely small dust corn earth burn in hell. Like a child that destroys his own LEGO tower. god loves rape/child abuse/war/torture/destruction as much as he loves beauty/health/friendship/wisdom

God is also you. Do you prefer the first or latter reality, go and choose, you choosing is the way God is playing the game.

Watched it now, but I am still confused about the topic. Why is he seperating the ego from nature? Isn't the ego a product/force of nature. When he says "does this mean that you're just slacking & eating chips while watching tv? no! you don't become a victim, the most enlightened masters are not victims" But becoming a victim is also something chosen by the puppet master/nature. You have no control how you will interpret the revelation of no free will -> the puppet master interprets it as "fuck this shit, let's eat meat while watching a glorification movie of donald trump on my 4k$ tv build by children in a third world country" isn't this also embracing no free will? So one can literally sit at home and do this while saying "it's not my fault, the puppet master did this" blaming the puppet master is also not his choice.

Leo also said in another video that what is should be. so global warming and the destruction and ignorance of humans should happen. You labeling it "bad" is not the problem of reality. If I am against destruction of nature, I can try to change it. But blaming others for not caring is my personal judgement of reality that they 'should' do what I value.

I'm not saying I'm against protecting nature. I love nature and this planet. I just notice (apparent) contradictions when on the one hand it is said that "everything should be as it is" "you have no free will" and on the other hand "global warming is bad" "do something against it!" "dont ignore future generations!"

he compared it with watching a movie. and that it would be insane to try to change the movie while sitting in a theatre. So this earth is like watching 2012 or something by Roland Emmerich.

Edited by Echoes

33 minutes ago, Echoes said:

Watched it now, but I am still confused about the topic. Why is he seperating the ego from nature? Isn't the ego a product/force of nature. When he says "does this mean that you're just slacking & eating chips while watching tv? no! you don't become a victim, the most enlightened masters are not victims" But becoming a victim is also something chosen by the puppet master/nature. You have no control how you will interpret the revelation of no free will -> the puppet master interprets it as "fuck this shit, let's eat meat while watching a glorification movie of donald trump on my 4k$ tv build by children in a third world country" isn't this also embracing no free will? So one can literally sit at home and do this while saying "it's not my fault, the puppet master did this" blaming the puppet master is also not his choice.

Yes nothing is your choice but you do not know what you will choose and maybe you will choose to protect nature because you will feel inspired by my post.

34 minutes ago, Echoes said:

Leo also said in another video that what is should be. so global warming and the destruction and ignorance of humans should happen. You labeling it "bad" is not the problem of reality. If I am against destruction of nature, I can try to change it. But blaming others for not caring is my personal judgement of reality that they 'should' do what I value.

Yes what is simply is the way it is. But you do not know what should happen, maybe what "should" happen is that people stand up and try to change the way they live, maybe not. Of course it is not the problem of reality because in reality there is not bad or good, I am aware of that nonetheless I use the word "bad" because it does not match with my ideas and what I think is good for Earth. The value that I place upon Earth is totally arbitrary there are probably many worlds like these and if not that does not matter, but for me Earth has special place in my heart and I want to "fight" for it.

Same goes with Nazis, you acknowledge their existence, the reality of them having totally different viewpoints and then because you believe that it will help others, you fight against them.

-Insomnium

@Echoes  Its not that global warming is labelled bad or there's a moral justification, if the ecology is a part of you, you'll take care of it as you take care of yourself naturally