Muhammad Jawad

Is this a Side Effect of my Spiritual Practices?

11 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone!

I hope all of you are doing good.

While driving on Highways when I am driving constantly for many hours, a sudden shift happens & I come out of my body and this world and I lose control of my body.

My whole life converts into a movie & it looks like I am watching this movie that is playing in my awareness and I am detached from everything.

Normally while meditation or sitting calmly, it is that shift is normal but while driving if that shift happens, That's too scary and I force myself back into this world and my body to take the control back to save myself from an accident.

For me, It's risky to drive if I am facing this issue while driving it can cause a major accident.

Upon research, according to psychology, this is called "dissociation/depersonalization/derealization" and psychology calls it a disorder.

What are your thoughts?

Is this a Side Effect of my Spiritual Practices? 

Waiting for the help.

Thanks a lot :-) 

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

I experience this very often, especially while driving, and it's indeed scary. It's what happens when the self quiets down. 

if you're meditating every day for awakening, then this state of being is what you're searching for. Do you realize that?

Now, are you able to accept this gift or will you shy away from it like me? This is what no self is: no control, no doing, no knowing, no nothing.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I experience this very often, especially while driving, and it's indeed scary. It's what happens when the self quiets down. 

Right

this state of being is what you're searching for. Do you realize that?

Yes, exactly.

Now, are you able to accept this gift or will you shy away from it like me?

Yes, I am ready to accept this gift but appearing of that state while driving is really risky.

How do you manage this while driving?

1 hour ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Yes, I am ready to accept this gift but appearing of that state while driving is really risky.

How do you manage this while driving?

I stopped searching for enlightenment because I'm not ready for it, so I just do everything I can to pull myself together if it happens. It's probably not a good idea to experiment with letting go while you're driving, but if you're indeed ready, then sooner or later you will enter permanent no-doership, and then you won't have to worry about having to watch yourself drive a car, because then it's the only option :D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I've never had a problem driving in different states of consciousness or while dissociated.  It's not the state itself but likely the emotional reaction to finding yourself in an unfamiliar state which makes it seems like it's dangerous to drive.  I assume different personality types react differently as well (I tend to be less emotional and more cerebral.)

In short, you're just not used to it, but there's nothing dangerous about driving in that state if you're used to it.

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I stopped searching for enlightenment because I'm not ready for it, so I just do everything I can to pull myself together if it happens. It's probably not a good idea to experiment with letting go while you're driving, but if you're indeed ready, then sooner or later you will enter permanent no-doership, and then you won't have to worry about having to watch yourself drive a car, because then it's the only option :D

hmmm. Right

11 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

I've never had a problem driving in different states of consciousness or while dissociated.

Ok

It's not the state itself but likely the emotional reaction to finding yourself in an unfamiliar state which makes it seems like it's dangerous to drive.

Exactly. True. I have also seen that this state does not cause any danger but the reaction to finding oneself in that state becomes dangerous.

I assume different personality types react differently as well (I tend to be less emotional and more cerebral.)

Ok. Right

In short, you're just not used to it, but there's nothing dangerous about driving in that state if you're used to it.

Maybe. I am not sure about it. 

The idea of spirituality means different things for different people. The variety of spiritual beliefs and customs are as varied as the people who practice them. One thing they all have in common is the range of effects they can have on our mental health. Spirituality affects our mental health in a variety of ways. The best way according to me, sound healing treatment is the best and excellent method for helping the stress by giving you a sense of peace, purpose, and forgiveness. It often becomes more important in times of emotional stress or illness.

Check out sufism.ennio nemis said that sufism has techniques which are as powerful as kriya yoga.pakistan has lot of sufis.u will not have trouble finding one.

Kriya yoga should be best learned from a guru.except panchanan lineage and satyacharan bhattacharya lineage,every other lineage technique has side effect.are u practicing from jc stevens or gamana.it will cause side effects.can u travel to india ,in west bengal and learn under a guru.or can travel to other gurus in india.if not then go to the link below and download a file.it has techniques from satyacharan lahiri lineage.it has no side effects

https://www.kriyayoga.com/

21 hours ago, Hawaiihealing said:

The idea of spirituality means different things for different people. The variety of spiritual beliefs and customs are as varied as the people who practice them. One thing they all have in common is the range of effects they can have on our mental health. Spirituality affects our mental health in a variety of ways. The best way according to me, sound healing treatment is the best and excellent method for helping the stress by giving you a sense of peace, purpose, and forgiveness. It often becomes more important in times of emotional stress or illness.

Right. Thanks

19 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

Check out sufism

Ok

ennio nemis said that sufism has techniques which are as powerful as kriya yoga.

Ok

pakistan has lot of sufis.u will not have trouble finding one.

But it's not possible to know which one is genuine and which one is fraud or lost. 

Kriya yoga should be best learned from a guru.except panchanan lineage and satyacharan bhattacharya lineage,every other lineage technique has side effect.are u practicing from jc stevens or gamana.

I am not practicing Kriya Yoga.

can u travel to india ,in west bengal and learn under a guru.

Yes, I can but not now. Why do I need to do Kriya Yoga?

if not then go to the link below and download a file.it has techniques from satyacharan lahiri lineage.it has no side effects

Thanks a lot