Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lincisman

The Avoidance of Truth Video or How to pull off Marcus Aurelius shit

4 posts in this topic

In video 21:40 - 22:05, Leo said: 

"But that's painful, that's a painful process because literally parts of your mind have to die. Parts of your ego, yourself have to die as you're getting exposed to reality. And that's really what you fear, that's really what you're avoiding. You're avoiding the pain of the loss of parts of your mind ".

How do you deal with the feeling of pain both in the moment and in the long run so it does not divert your actions? How do I treat this and all the other (I don't want to say "negative") unpleasant feelings?

I sense so much blame and pointing the finger in the way he says those things usually.... lol. 

Few suggestions... Don't need to force ego death if you aren't completely there yet. It's better I find that you've reached a point where living from the ego/seperate self no longer fulfills you and you have a longing to "expand"/"go beyond". And a healthy ego is still required for some stuff even after dissolution, just integrated as part of a larger whole. 

Dealing with the transition... It can take time. Maybe for some it could be instantly blissful especially if they had a rather difficult life or have been looking for answers to existential questions, but for others there could be a period of "grieving", sense of loss and disorientation, confusion. Accept the feelings and resistence. Take the time you need for the new orientation. Look forward to the peacefulness and unconditional love it should start to invite to your life to help you with the confusion/discomforts. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

mind's not your best friend, it's your worst enemy, it's the only thing keeping you from god, it don't even want you getting up and meditating

yet we meekly let it run the show