Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loreena

What Is Maturity ? (self Reflection Question )

9 posts in this topic

What does being matured feel like ? .... the various aspects of maturity. From philosophical, spiritual, intellectual point of view.

This is a 'food for thought' sort of a question. Feel free to answer.

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

20 minutes ago, jse said:

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Maturity is knowing not to use a tomato in a fruit salad.

And real maturity is when you stop caring what other people expect from you and use the tomato as you please, while still aknowledging what you are doing and taking full responsibility for it. You take things light heartedly and in being mature you can actually embrace immaturity again. (I may or may not just make this stuff up in my head as I type this)

Edited by Old Soul

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

7 minutes ago, jse said:

@Old Soul , I hereby challenge you to a tomato fight.

I proudly accept the challenge...but all the poor wasted tomatoes make my heart cry. They could be wonderfully used in a fruit salad

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

I think maturity and visdom are closely linker together meaning if you are wise, you are also mature in a sense. But that is psychological maturity. And this comes with time, experiences and inner growth.

If you are mature, you also have a strong psychological foundation and self mastery to an extend which self actualization work is all about. This is why self actualization is so important and central to life, yet everyone thinks they have it all figured out and never care to improve themselves from the ground up. They only care about the surface of their life and that is why they never truly grow. 

Well, personally I think spiritual maturity and the regular kind of growing up maturity is the same thing. Both require you to go through all kinds of hardships in order to learn and move on. In the end you have a person who does not care what other people say or think, yet paradoxically is sensitive to the world and carries great compassion and forgiveness for the world. 

So how come, then, many grown ups do not seem to be compassionate or may only worry about their families, they follow selfishness, and are completely engulfed in what others may think of them? Well, I guess it just means that they still have growing up to do, even if they're 80 years old. They may have just lost their way because of how our society is, and fear took over or some other demon they picked up along the way.

So that's what maturity is (at least in my eyes) - a person who opens their heart to everything, is unafraid, and forgiving - and that is all spirituality is, too.

Hopefully that helps you :) 

I would say that being mature is akin to being authentic. And being less egoic and more grounded in reality.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu