IamYou

Real vs Imaginary Distinction

96 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, IamYou said:

I know you aren't omniscient due to the fact that you can't even say what is in my notebook. Am omniscient being knows everything and I found something that you don't know which means you aren't omniscient. 

As a human self no I'm not omniscient. The error in your understanding is in assuming that I'm human. In truth, I don't have any form at all.

Also, you still haven't addressed the fact that if I did tell you what's in your notebook. It wouldn't prove that I'm omniscient. For all you know I could be a human with unusual abilities(that is unusual for a human). Because for instance, if I left my body and visited your house then told you on here what you wrote. That doesn't prove I know everything obviously. So what you're asking for isn't logical to request in the first place. Which begs the question, what request should you be making of me that if I answered it correctly would prove that I'm omniscient?

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

1 minute ago, JuliusCaesar said:

As a human self no I'm not omniscient. The error in your understanding is in assuming that I'm human. In truth, I don't have any form at all.

Also, you still haven't addressed the fact that if I did tell you what's in your notebook. It wouldn't prove that I'm omniscient. For all you know I could be a human with unusual abilities(that is unusual for a human). Because for instance, if I left my body and visited your house then told you on here what you wrote. That doesn't prove I know everything obviously. So what you're asking for isn't logical to request in the first place. Which begs the question, what request should you be making of me that if I answered it correctly would prove that I'm omniscient?

I'm not trying to prove that you're omniscient. I'm proving you aren't omniscient and then I don't even need to figure out what question to ask if you are omniscient or not because I know you aren't.

@IamYou

Do you think that dream characters at night are aware when you are aware of them?

Who told you that "others" are real?

We can not know that simultaneiety is required for consciousness to extend beyond what we call ourself (or to the "other side", which non the less is not contained in our idea of other side).

It may be that simultaneity is the wrong idea, and that in some other way there is otherness.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Just now, IamYou said:

I'm not trying to prove that you're omniscient. I'm proving you aren't omniscient and then I don't even need to figure out what question to ask if you are omniscient or not because I know you aren't.

This is illogical, however, as I've already established an omniscient being knows not knowing. Articulated another way, I'm Omnipotent which means I can do anything simply by thinking about it. Like if I wanted to kill every human on earth I could do that simply by wanting it to occur. I willed myself to become human and to have human limitations. So I'm going to ask the question again, even if I went through the trouble of altering myself, and I answered your challenges correctly. You wouldn't know that I know everything. So what could you do to actually test me properly?

1 minute ago, Kksd74628 said:

@IamYou

Do you think that dream characters at night are aware when you are aware of them?

No because they are fake and conjured in my brain. However my perception of people in the waking state seems to be based on input that is coming from outside of my body.

@IamYou

You say it seems, but tell me couple reasons why it seems like that.

@JuliusCaesar

You've misdefinied an omniscient being as a being that doesn't know something.

I have no interest in finding out what question to ask because I already know you aren't omnipotent nor omniscient due to the fact that you can't tell me what's in my notebook nor can you make my phone start levitating.

Edited by IamYou

No because they are fake and conjured in my brain. However my perception of people in the waking state seems to be based on input that is coming from outside of my body.

But in dreams, your perception of others also seems to be based on signals originating from inside of your dream body. And before you argue that sleeping dreams are less vivid than the waking world which makes them seem less real. I've had dreams that are equal in vividity to the waking state. And many others have as well which you can read about online. And even better you would experience yourself if you ever went far into the practice of lucid dreaming.

1 minute ago, IamYou said:

@JuliusCaesar

You've misidentified an omniscient being as a being that doesn't know something.

I have no interest in finding out what question to ask because I already know you aren't omnipotent nor omniscient due to the fact that you can't tell me what's in my notebook nor can you make my phone start levitating.

Okay, let me take a slightly different approach here. Can you perceive the curvature of the Earth at present? No? Does that mean the Earth is flat?

Good job, lets disagree on words, avoid entertaining the alternative definition, get stuck in semantics and be happily stubborn.

Why not, what are words

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

@JuliusCaesar Dreams have been disproven to be real upon waking up while the waking state has not been disproven as unreal yet after 21 years of living.

And for your second question no I can't perceive the curvature of the earth which doesn't make it flat. 

8 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@IamYou

You say it seems, but tell me couple reasons why it seems like that.

All my dreams have ended and were proven unreal. Waking state has been happening for 21 years with no end in sight until my body dies. There is direct evidence of sensory organs in my experience that function quite mysteriously and a consistent world with the exact same changing people for 21 years. In addition there is no memory of anything before this life. There is no indication whatsoever that it is unreal.

Edited by IamYou

Dreams have been disproven to be real upon waking up while the waking state has not been disproven as unreal yet after 21 years of living.

Then how do you explain the fact that I've had dreams that showed me future events which should have been humanly impossible to know? How do you explain the fact that in the waking world, when a doctor gives his patients saline solution tells them it's morphine, and goes to cut on them, more than 40% of the patients don't experience any pain? How do you explain the fact that a man from our world has a burn mark on his arm that he acquired in a sleeping dream from a woman he had just had sex with. Due to a conversation that went something like, "I'm real and you're not" - our guy, to which the dream character responded "We'll see who's real" and burned him. The burn was also upon his waking body, in the world you think is real.

4 minutes ago, IamYou said:

And for your second question no I can't perceive the curvature of the earth which doesn't make it flat. 

You also can't perceive yourself to be God, and yet you are.

22 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Imaginary ofc, it is a projection of your mind. 

How do you know?

You think Trump is an imaginary being and why? Maybe he is you?

@IamYou

So, because this dream is longer and inside the dream they try to prove that you have some sensory organs that could explain how this dream works, you believe that this isn't. Pretty good reasons, my friend ?. You should understand that these do not prove anything, but are just made to make you believe this to be real. Also you may have dreams at night that you think are real until you wake up so why couldn't the exact happen again, but only this time it happens only when you "die".

@JuliusCaesar you can call yourself God but please look at your limitations honestly. And stop imagining that you can do things that you can't do.

@Kksd74628 What evidence do you have that it is unreal? I am seriously considering this could be unreal. But with my whole life ahead of me I must find out not merely believe.

4 minutes ago, IamYou said:

How do you know?

I am Donald Trump. Your username causes me to suspect that your name might rhyme with Kleo Shmoora. Perhaps I'll check to see if my suspicions are true.

@JuliusCaesar you can call yourself God but please look at your limitations honestly. And stop imagining that you can do things that you can't do.

I know from direct experience what I'm capable of. And I have told you the truth about it but you don't believe me. From my perspective, you're like a blind man trying to tell me that the sun doesn't exist. And I find the whole situation rather amusing. Even more amusing is the possibility that you might be Leo Gura. If that were true I'd make this whole thing like 10x funnier.

@Kksd74628 What evidence do you have that it is unreal? I am seriously considering this could be unreal. But with my whole life ahead of me I must find out not merely believe.

My comment prior to this one contains some fairly strong evidence. One example I cited is even in medical literature if you want me to cite my source on that.

@IamYou

You can't ask evidences for that. This is not some type of science that I am trying to present you and you are right that you shouldn't just believe what I say, because that is not religion neither. If you want to understand what I am trying to show then you must start doing spiritual practices such as meditation, contemplation, self inquiry and taking psychedelics. While doing that, it helps to know where you are trying to go and that's why I tried to explain this to you. Just so you know, I am not trying to trick you or lie to you and everything what I said you can validate through your own direct experience someday : )

@IamYou

8 minutes ago, IamYou said:

How do you know?

Interestingly enough, it does not come with conceptualized knowledge. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"