IamYou

Real vs Imaginary Distinction

96 posts in this topic

@JuliusCaesar The point is you don't know the color of it is so that means that the claim that only what you are aware of right now exists is false since something exists that you are aware of. 

1 minute ago, IamYou said:

@JuliusCaesar The point is you don't know the color of it is so that means that the claim that only what you are aware of right now exists is false since something exists that you are aware of. 

That's illogical, however, as my unconscious contains all possible human as well as all nonhuman experiences. Which is something I know from past experience and something I can't expect you to believe as you haven't experienced it yourself. The awareness of my real self is infinite, but my human self has limited awareness.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

4 minutes ago, IamYou said:

And furthermore, why would you believe me if I told you the color of your refrigerator? For all you know it was a lucky guess. Or maybe I'm a friend of yours from your life and you don't know it, or maybe I'm even one of your parents. Or maybe I'm some dude that randomly decided to snoop around your house.

4 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

And furthermore, why would you believe me if I told you the color of your refrigerator? For all you know it was a lucky guess. Or maybe I'm a friend of yours from your life and you don't know it, or maybe I'm even one of your parents. Or maybe I'm some dude that randomly decided to snoop around your house.

@JuliusCaesar I can ask a more specific question that only I know such as what did I just write in my notebook.

Just now, IamYou said:

@JuliusCaesar I can ask a more specific question that only I know such as what did I just write in my notebook.

This is true, but even if I answer you thusly. For all you know I might be a human entity that can leave its body consciously and as disembodied consciousness moved to your position and looked on it. It doesn't prove that I have all perception because notice that even that would be limited.

9 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

That's illogical, however, as my unconscious contains all possible human as well as all nonhuman experiences. Which is something I know from past experience and something I can't expect you to believe as you haven't experienced it yourself. The awareness of my real self is infinite, but my human self has limited awareness.

The point is you are unconscious of it thus there are things that exist that you are unconscious of. That's the only point I'm trying to make. In other words your limited perspective is not all that exists.

1 minute ago, JuliusCaesar said:

This is true, but even if I answer you thusly. For all you know I might be a human entity that can leave its body consciously and as disembodied consciousness moved to your position and looked on it. It doesn't prove that I have all perception because notice that even that would be limited.

I'm just proving to myself that you are unconscious of things that exist thus your perspective is not all that exists.

When people believe that there is something particular outside their consciousness that is an empty belief, typically formed by reason.

We can not know what something outside this consciousness is like, for it requires us to believe in it when we form a synthetic judgement of it constituting reason.

This does not mean that there is nothing outside us, it means that if there is such a thing we must be empty of it in particular, and consequently that we can be fooled in thinking there is no such thing. Yet our existence implies that something is necessary and nothing an impossibility, in this sense whatever is beyond us is also necessarily like us.

Edit: added particular first statement.

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

I don't have a limited perspective. The way my experience of such is constructed is that I'm infinity imagining itself to be finite.

3 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

I don't have a limited perspective. The way my experience of such is constructed is that I'm infinity imagining itself to be finite.

You do have a limited perspective of existence because you are unable to tell me what is written on my notebook which is a part of existence.

4 minutes ago, IamYou said:

I'm just proving to myself that you are unconscious of things that exist thus your perspective is not all that exists.

You're not thinking of the unconscious correctly. The unconscious is another dimension of the mind of which you can become aware.

1 minute ago, JuliusCaesar said:

You're not thinking of the unconscious correctly. The unconscious is another dimension of the mind of which you can become aware.

But you are unaware of my notebook so there is more to existence then what you are aware of.

Edited by IamYou

Just now, IamYou said:

You do have a limited perspective of existence because you are unable to tell me what is written on my notebook which is a part of existence.

You don't seem to understand that this limited perspective is only imagined to be limited. Furthermore, you don't truly know that I can't do what you're describing. You merely assume that I can't.

The truth is I could if I were in the correct state of consciousness. But at present, the only way I have as my human self to bring that about takes me approximately 5 hours to reach. Think of it like connecting to dial-up internet. Except the "internet" I'm connecting to is the source of all existence containing all information.

3 minutes ago, IamYou said:

But you are unaware of my notebook so there is more to existence then what you are aware of.

The funny thing about this statement is that it's simultaneously false and true. It's true in the sense that I'm imagining I can't perceive it now. But I have a way of changing that fact, and in that instance, you'd be wrong. Notice, however, that even then you wouldn't have proof of my statement that I'm Omniscient. Because that means to know everything, and what you write in your notebook is not everything.

If a distinction requires time to be thought then it is necessarily improper, as only proper distinctions are drawn from an identity both parts share, or a convergence for short.

Not only must a distinction imply convergence, but there are no convergence without distinction, and therefore all proper distinctions are perfect and self evident.

The question is how lost in translation those distinctions are, how improper and linearly they are drawn.

This implies that convergence of proper distinctions are not imagined, but are instead foundational for imagination the way empirical sensations such as a low frequency sound are foundational for the equivalent in the inner minds ear.

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

@JuliusCaesar You aren't imagining that you can't perceive it. You actually can't perceive it. Perspectives are always limited. You may be infinite but your perspective is finite.

Just now, IamYou said:

@JuliusCaesar You aren't imagining that you can't perceive it. You actually can't perceive it. Perspectives are always limited. You may be infinite but your perspective is finite.

My human perspective has the attribute of imaginary limitations. What you don't seem to comprehend is that I've in the past accessed what you may call the Universal Mind. And have discovered that all of physical reality is imagined personally by me. Including my limited human self, you as my otherself etc etc. Nor are you addressing the fact that all of the requests you've made of me, if I answered them correctly, none of that would prove that I'm omniscient. So tell me, how do you think I could prove to you that I know everything?

6 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

My human perspective has the attribute of imaginary limitations. What you don't seem to comprehend is that I've in the past accessed what you may call the Universal Mind. And have discovered that all of physical reality is imagined personally by me. Including my limited human self, you as my otherself etc etc. Nor are you addressing the fact that all of the requests you've made of me, if I answered them correctly, none of that would prove that I'm omniscient. So tell me, how do you think I could prove to you that I know everything?

I know you aren't omniscient due to the fact that you can't even say what is in my notebook. Am omniscient being knows everything and I found something that you don't know which means you aren't omniscient. 

Edited by IamYou

@IamYou

If it helps you to understand what we are trying to show you, we are the same person having experiences, but like at night you can only have one dream at the time, because you can only be at one place at the time. So there is only one "dreamer" and it is you and what you are doing with "other" forum members right NOW is that you are talking to yourself either to future or to past. When you physically die you may actually have dream of being me, but you have to understand that at this moment no one is perceiving "IamYou", because the "perceiver" is where Kksd74628 is at.

You have to understand that while you are reading these words you are the only conscious being, because why would there be other experiences happening simultaneously, because you couldn't perceive them anyways. It's like you first have dream of being bear talking to rabbit and no one is conscious, but you as a bear. After that dream ends you may have dream of being rabbit talking to bear and again you are the only conscious being, but NOW as a rabbit. You = I. That's why when you are reading this response you are the only conscious being and what you see is whole universe and there is nothing outside of you.

Who told you that "others" are real?

2 hours ago, IamYou said:

Ex. Trump becomes president. Is that a real event or an imaginary event?

Imaginary ofc, it is a projection of your mind. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Kksd74628 Why do you think your past/present/future self don't coexist and aren't aware simultaneously? Isn't your past self aware? And your future self aware? Being that I am aware right now just like you are (unless you are imaginary).

Edited by IamYou