Adodd

Vegan or vegetarian meal planning.

6 posts in this topic

Any ideas? I am new to meal planning but its definitely time for me to start.

Details: 30 year old male. Energy and brain function are important to my lifestyle. I do cardio and strength training both twice a week.i prefer to make 4-7 days of food at a time. My breakfasts consist of a large super-smoothie and either something very small to eat or nothing to eat, this seems fine to me as ive never been able to eat much in the mornings. I eat essentially no dairy and I'm not interested in eating a ton of milk and cheese for protien. Primarily Ethical reasons so not looking for a debate on the health of veganism vs a carnivorous diets. Well, at least not in this post.?

Edited by Adodd

Simnet Nutrition has a lot of meal prep videos on Youtube. Highly recommend his channel

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

I highly recommend making homemade peanut butter / tahini / hummus. all you need is a food processor and you got yourself easy, cheap and nutritious food. peanuts and sesame is dirt cheap, chickpeas as well. eat em with bread whenever you're hungry.

if you do a weekly meal prep, you can make a big pot of lentils, beans as well. lentils combine very well with rice (super easy to prep so you could eat fresh). those two are very rewarding to make in bulk.

buy smoked tofu to add in when you need more food - smoked tofu needs no prep.

kind regards from a vegan weightlifter

Get dr Greger's cookbooks. They are game changers when it comes to sustainable plant based cooking.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

39 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Get dr Greger's cookbooks. They are game changers when it comes to sustainable plant based cooking.

thanks!!!! :x:x

Start looking for some delicious sounding nutritious recipes and try them out. Tons of sources on the internet.

Find some that sound nice and try them out. If you like it, you can add it to your library. After the first one you keep looking for another meal. Keep going with that process and soon you'll have plenty of great vegan meals to choose from to build your weekly meal plans.