StarStruck

How to hold frame?

24 posts in this topic

Life's like that.

When you failed, you actually became weaker as the body and mind keep thinking of past failures. When you succeed, you gain more pleasure and want to repeat your success again. 

3 minutes ago, hyruga said:

When you failed, you actually became weaker as the body and mind keep thinking of past failures

Depends. Sometimes failure can be very liberating

10 minutes ago, something_else said:

Depends. Sometimes failure can be very liberating

Point is not to identify with the failure. It is just feedback. 

@something_else I agree changing your self image is not exactly something you can instantly do, but I think it is true that your self image is largely independent of reality. The idea is that you are not reliant on the outside world in order to know you are a valuable man. This concept is talked about in David Deida's The Way of the Superior Man. In essence, be a rock, unmoved by the ocean waves crashing against it. Maybe you can't just arbitrarily decide to be like this, but you can definitely work towards it. I think state is a poisonous idea because it puts a guy's attention on himself rather than things outside himself. A high value man is generally just living rather than judging himself. If you believe in state it will become a self fulfilling prophecy because it will make you less confident and more prone to fluctuations in "state".