Kamo

Gym 'state' changes

8 posts in this topic

So when I go to the gym, usually im one of the more physically build and ripped individuals there. The first state I go into some days im fully locked into myself. Im focused, concentrated and centered on exactly what I am doing and do not pay any attention to others around me. Im feeling my own state. I feel present and not looking for any attention or communication. The second state, on other days Im still focused on myself and what I am doing but  Im more aware of those around me and Im allowing my attention to notice others more and Im fine with communicating if someone comes up to me for advice, as sometimes people ask about my techniques or diet. 

My question is why is it that people will only come up and talk to me when Im centered and locked into my own state where I don't want anyone to bother me, but when Im in the second state no one ever comes up and says anything?

Its so counterintuitive that its kind annoying to deal with because when Im in the first state, they throw off my state just by talking to me and I cant seem to return back to it with in the same gym session. So also, if you guys have any advice on how to better learn to return back to my first state after being distracted like that would be appreciated. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

2 hours ago, flyingwhalee said:

Build your home gym or straight up tell people you're "in the zone" when you wear your headset. Sounds blunt but I used to do that. Also, in serious powerlifting gyms, I noticed people just know you're there for a purpose and will leave you alone, so there's that too

I do have a home gym, i may need to utilize that more often. I simply prefer the option of more equipment at the gym. Any advice of returning back to "the zone"?

6 hours ago, Kamo said:

My question is why is it that people will only come up and talk to me when Im centered and locked into my own state where I don't want anyone to bother me

To me, it sounds like Law of Attraction 101. Life is a mental mirror. You’re perpetually focused on people not bothering you, so of course that’s what shows up in your experience.

But when you’re open, you’re not focused on that negative outcome anymore. So people leave you alone.

@aurum I though Law of Attraction was what you focus on comes? Not the opposite? Its suppose to be counterintuitive I guess huh? Then Im not sure what you mean about "when im not focused on a negative outcome?"

@aurum My focus isnt directed to " not wanting people to bother me, Its focused only on myself. Like I said im in the zone and centered. I dont really think about not wanting people to bother me while im there.

@flyingwhalee Yeah I been using music to do it too. Just curious of any additional techniques. and I've probably already tried the obvious ones. lol

Because people gravitate towards "good" energy. 

"I want some of that!"