Grant6

Why are metaphysically curious people so rare?

23 posts in this topic

I've always wondered the exact same thing. 

I've talked to a person who fits the group of people you're talking about, and she thinks that such people, including me, are "bored philosophers" xD

Of course, all she does with her time is play video games and obsess over fictional anime characters. But that's her choice. We don't all have to be metaphysically curious, it's just interesting how similar yet so different we are as humans. 

On 4/5/2022 at 7:18 PM, Grant6 said:

I know intellectually that of course, every one is different, and has different values. But most average people are not interested in metaphysical/spiritual topics at all; in fact, many actively avoid metaphysical topics. But why isn't it more common? Sometimes I notice myself judging others who clearly don't care about this stuff, who aren't interested in growth at all, and just live very sedentary lives, only caring about basic human survival things (e.g., having a job, getting married, being successful, etc). Like we're existing!!! Why doesn't that blow people's minds?! When you really think about it, just being itself is so magical. But many don't care to understand more about this and just take the magic of existence for granted. Now of course, pursuing real spirituality can be dangerous as Leo talked about in his Dangers of Spirituality video. I mean this path can destabilize your mind, and depending how far you take it, lead to your own death. The death of your ego. So I get that's a big reason why, but it still annoys me that more people aren't more open-minded to this kind of thing, all the stuff Leo talks about. And then it actually annoys me that I am annoyed by that. So why is it that metaphysically curious people are so few and far between? 

Here's a mindfuck.  Since this is all YOUR dream,  you've taken much care as God to make it as real as possible.   To make the illusion so good that it STAYS an illusion.  Thus the "others" in your dream must also remain deluded.   However you did leave breadcrumbs for yourself as well.  There always must be an exit path, though covered in brush, to exit this dream.  But it must remain under the radar, otherwise the illusion would too easily be spoiled. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I’d wager that if a poll were taken of this forum’s users, there would be significant asymmetry favouring “yes” responses to the question “Have you experienced an extreme amount of trauma in your lifetime thus far?”

I think trauma is pretty much the primary catalyst for pursuing a spiritual path for most people. It starts off as a coping mechanism and a distraction.

Happier people don’t have as much incentive to explore these matters.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.