Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ajay0

Scholz: Russian energy ban would mean European recession

21 posts in this topic

@BlueOak

8 hours ago, BlueOak said:

American and Russian arsenals are about even. Seeing's as many are short range tactical nukes on the Russian side. Its irrelevant though as both sides could wipe out life on earth many times over. This is hyberbole or an exaggeration of the actual combined reality we are currently living in. Russia will not intimidate others to dealing with them again.

Especially as its EUROPE I don't know how many times I have to shout this, that Russia has harmed the most.

There is no win-win scenario here. This is lose - lose. You are lying to yourself if you think many people in Europe will accept dealing with Russia even 5 or 10 years from now. It will be deeply unpopular for their governments. Though businesses will not care (Orange), there will be sanctions in place to make it very costly which they will care about. We all create our own version of reality to live in, so I understand how I can look at your position and you mine and think it fantasy. But what you perhaps can't see is how much people hate Russia especially in Europe and somewhat in America, that won't go away because the dead ukrainians and their now obliterated towns and villages will continue to not be there. It'll take a generation or two for that to go away. 

Europe and Russia are done for the foreseeable future.

Arguably speaking, Russia has the greater concentration and volume of nuclear warheads slightly more than the USA that are land based, and some with submarines. The USA has about equal in land, but slightly less volume, but much more polarise submarines in the oceans that could be anywhere, so MAD is still a factor. Question mark on how many are in satellites orbiting around us, or EMP weapons from either side.