Loving Radiance

Resource sloww.co for purposeful & intentional living and creating a life purpose

7 posts in this topic

https://www.sloww.co/start-here/

This creator's life purpose is "synthesizing the world’s wisdom on the art of living for students of life". It is covering spiral dynamics stage Green till Turquoise topics.

At its highest level, Sloww is creating the web’s deepest guide to the art of living through an interdisciplinary synthesis of the world’s wisdom across diverse yet interconnected disciplines.

The disciplines are:

• meaning & purpose
  • psychology & mental mastery
  • natural & social sciences
  • philosophy & metaphysics
  • spirituality & consciousness
  • slow & simple living

The website is for people arriving at stage green self-help (slow living & simple living, creating an intentional life), and for people looking into self-actualization (life purpose & meaning) and self-transcendence (mental mastery & worldly wisdom).

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Thanks so much for sharing, @Loving Radiance! I just registered for an Actualized forum account so I could say thank you ?. 

I'm happy you were able to connect the topics I cover on the site with Spiral Dynamics / Integral Theory stages even though I don't explicitly mention them.

I'm actually working on a Premium post that attempts to connect my own life experience over the last 6+ years (Sloww's stages) with Ego Development Theory (EDT's stages).

All the best,

Kyle Kowalski (Founder, Sloww)

@Sloww Wonderful to hear! And welcome to the forum :) It felt satisfying to see your development in the posts and how you subtly communicated your journey through the stages without naming them.

Did you start with your work because of Leo's life purpose course? I ask because as far as I can see in your articles you have also worked with your values and impact statement.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

15 hours ago, Sloww said:

Thanks so much for sharing, @Loving Radiance! I just registered for an Actualized forum account so I could say thank you ?. 

I'm happy you were able to connect the topics I cover on the site with Spiral Dynamics / Integral Theory stages even though I don't explicitly mention them.

I'm actually working on a Premium post that attempts to connect my own life experience over the last 6+ years (Sloww's stages) with Ego Development Theory (EDT's stages).

All the best,

Kyle Kowalski (Founder, Sloww)

:x:x:x

20 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Sloww Wonderful to hear! And welcome to the forum :) It felt satisfying to see your development in the posts and how you subtly communicated your journey through the stages without naming them.

Did you start with your work because of Leo's life purpose course? I ask because as far as I can see in your articles you have also worked with your values and impact statement.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I haven't personally taken any courses to date, but I'm sure they can be helpful for the right person at the right time. I've just been stumbling my way through everything, learning and living, living and learning. Maybe it's my personality type, how I'm encoded/nurtured, or some combo of everything, but I prefer the autodidactical, self-taught approach of just following my curiosity, jumping from topic to topic, connecting dots along the way, learning on my own time/schedule, etc. This is how I came to discover that "synthesizing" comes naturally to me and thinking itself may be my passion.

Regarding working with values and impact statement: that probably comes from how I'm wired from my time in marketing. In a nutshell, I worked a decade in the marketing/advertising industry doing the typical corporate ladder climbing and lifestyle inflation (cycle of higher-paying jobs leading to buying a bigger house and nicer cars—I had to learn the hard way that none of that stuff fills a lack of purpose). In 2015, I was working insane hours at a job with zero purpose (Marketing Director of a global apparel brand) which led to a massive existential crisis questioning if I was really here to just sell people more stuff they don't need. My existential crisis planted the seed for everything, and I'm incredibly grateful for it now that I'm on the other side (I even refer to things in life now as pre-crisis and post-crisis). This kicked off a deep dive into life purpose in 2016. I worked a couple more years until mid-2018 when the cognitive dissonance of what I was learning about life (in my free time) and how I was living (in my work time) hit a breaking point, and I quit my career to attempt solopreneurship with Sloww. Here's a bit more detail about me.

In terms of where I'm at in my own journey, last year I gave myself an Ego Development Theory "self-assessment" (subject to self bias of course). I think my "center of gravity" may be around stage 5 of EDT (the three stages I think I span the most right now are 4/5, 5, and 5/6). Most importantly, I do feel that I’ve crossed the watershed between stages 4 and 4/5 (moving from conventional to postconventional). I feel like I have progressed into stage 5/6 in several ways. However, there’s still quite a bit “in progress” here. It doesn’t seem like this stage is fully integrated/embodied like prior stages. While I cognitively understand and even experience some of the stage 6 description, stage 6 still seems like a ways off.

Thanks again!

Kyle

@Sloww Hi!

I've discovered your website several months ago and i just want to say it's absolutely amazing?!

1 hour ago, Bojan V said:

@Sloww Hi!

I've discovered your website several months ago and i just want to say it's absolutely amazing?!

Truly appreciate it, @Bojan V! ?